NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

And Finally the Rest of my Vacation!!!


Before I begin with the ending of my glorious time with my mum....
I would like to tell you something.
IF you are ever in heavy traffic, running around, weaving in and out of cars and my MUM pulls over in her big truck and gets out and calls to you....YOU GO TO MY MUM! She is only trying to save your life.
This morning, one of our furry friends, a tiny lil black long hair chihauhau was running in traffic and mum tried to save the lil buggers life...

He barked and smiled and ran the other way, darting back and forth in traffic.
She covered her eyes several times in fear!
Luckily, others pulled over to try and help, by then the lil bugger was blocks away, the opposite direction mum was heading.
We are praying this morning that the lil fart made it.

Only one time on my mini-vacation with mum, did I throw a lil fit...
I could have sworn she gave Gizmo more pieces of lunch meat then she did me.
I argued my case.
If you turn up the volume you can hear me protest.
That didn't work so I turned on the whining and whimpering act....That worked! Always does.
(at then end of the video you can see me pointing to my snackies...hehe)


Then will sitting outside that evening relaxing with mum and Gizmo. I heard gunfire somewhere over the hill.
I don't like that loud noises. Luckily for Gizmo, he can't hear very good anymore, or I know he would have been as scared as I was.


Gizmo has been really tired. He wanted to visit with me so I listened very intently because I knew it must be important.

He told me that I still have alot to learn and that he is not ready yet to turn the reins over to me. "Soon", he said. "But, not yet".


Well, that is the conclusion to my glorious time with Gizmo, Mum and Dad.
I think I will just sit here and watch the sun go down and remeniss!

47 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

Wise words from Gizmo..... your Mom is very smart too!!!!!! Love A+A

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh that would be my mom too -

She's done the same thing -

As for the poor starved Deetzy Dog - KHUTE!

And oooh so khlever!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Princess Patches said...

I don't really think you are starving, Deetzy, but you did get your point across!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Asta said...

Deetzy
What a clevew boy , knowing whewe youw snackies awe kept..I love the pitiful face you make..Mommi would totally fold, heheheh
That pictoowe of you wif Gizmo is pwecious..savouw all the time you have wif him!
I hope that little doggie made it on the woad..that's tewwible that he was out thewe..so scawy..you stay safe pleez
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Moco said...

What a lovely vacation. That Gizmo has many words of wisdom and you are smart to listen to him. You have a nice area to spend your time.
You must remember that Gizmo eats slower than you so it looks like he gets more, but you get the same amount of meat.
Hopefully that little dog running in traffic found it's way home.
That gun fire can be dangerous. You are smart to get close to mom.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Little Gizmo is very wise. You must listen to him and learn all you can. The picture today of you two together has to be one of the cutest sweetest ones you have posted.
Misty and I are sending hugs, purrs and kisses to you both.
-JB

Faya said...

This is the best vacations....being with our humans, having great time with our friends. Ok I wish I could come and play with you and Gizmo...
Kisses, Faya

Hero said...

It's a good thing that you have a big brother who can pass on his years of knowledge to you. The two of you make an adorable pair.

Jake of Florida said...

Deetzy,

You have the cutest little bark!! We were thinking that our two-part harmony could use a voice like yours to add a few high notes.

Ansd you can point to your snackies -- that's pretty
clever!!! We are impressed.

the many Bs said...

hi Deetz, that was such a nice vacation that you had with your family. we like those kinds of vacations too.

you and Gizmo are cute when you are having your conversaion. we can tell you are paying close attention. it takes a lot of listening to learn all of his wisdom.

woofs.

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

Looks like you had a great vacation with your Mom & Dad & Gizmo...

I would be scared of those gunshots, too...

How cute you & Gizmo are when you are having your little talk...Gizmo is very wise...

Abby xxxooo

Abby said...

Hi, again, Deetz...

I forgot to say how smart you are to know where your snackies are & to point to them...

Abby xxxooo

Katie and Gizmo said...

Oh Deetzy, you big ole sook.
I'm sure your mum gave you and Gizmo equal amounts of meat but you probably gutsed yours down so fast you don't remember getting any, am I right?
Of course your whining was so pitiful and your face so cute,
I woulda given into you too.

You are a very smart boy, though still lots to learn off Gizmo. He is right!

*Hugs&Licks*

P.S. I added you to my pal list too

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

We are still in love with Rocky. He is so handsome.

Mama loves the picture of you and Gizmo together. You both are smart doggies. We like the way you pointed to your snackies.

We hope that other little dog made it safely.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

P.S. I (Hershey) don't like loud noises either.

Unknown said...

Man-Dad pulls over to call lost dogs, too. Running alone on the road is dangerous!

Today a pile-driver was putting new dock posts on the other side of the river. BOY was that loud! Sounded like a cannon. We had to make a detour and walk a completely different direction.

Pedro said...

Deetz,

My mom was cracking up watching you bark at Gizmo because you wanted his treat. If I don't eat mine fast enough Ziggy will steal it when I'm not looking. I hope that dawg is ok! My mom saw 3 dawgs in the road yesterday. Must have been something in the air that made dawgs run wild!!! I hope the 3 dawgs my mom saw are ok too. Two of them were corgi's.

Pedro

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Hi Deetz!

Hehe...you sure are such a cute boy, even if you're throwing a little fit! Love the video of you pointing to your snackie!

Gizmo is really wise...I love that photo of you listening to Gizmo. It feels like Yoda and Obi-Wan in training! *wink*

Scottie

P/S: Can I add you to my buddies' list? I would love to! *grins*

Puppy Dog Tales said...

hi deetz,

you be cute in video.

me sis say she'd love to kiss your nosey.

me be happy you had good time!

Puppy licks,
Suki

i said...

Hope the little chihuahua got safely out of the traffic.

Gee Deetz, a hungry dog is a vocal dog hehe...Glad you got the extra snackie there.

Gizmo is really wise. Glad you are listening to his wise words.

Have a good weekend now!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Did you get the extra treats? Gizmo sure is wise..

~ Girl girl

Huskee and Hershey said...

Oh lil Gizmo is a wise dog. You gotto listen carefully to him cos he is imparting all his knowledge to you and one day, you will take over the reins.
(I think Gizmo told you that you need a new sister right? A 4mths old black and white border collie by the name of Hershey??)

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, I hope that lil farty Chihauhau is safe! What's he doing on the busy road anyway??? Oooh, gunshots are really scawie. I heard that they are very dangerous & it's important we don't get by one. Mommy is just trying to scare me I think!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

The Black and Tans. said...

Hi Deetz

We hope the little dog your Mum tried to help across made it safely home. That must have been really scary watching him dodge the traffic.

Your time with your pawrents looked special and fun too, thank you for telling us all about it.

Have a great weekend

Molly and Taffy xx

Noah the Airedale said...

What the?? Is someone shooting out there? Crikey Deetzie, quickly go inside where it's safe.
This may sound like a silly question but were you sitting on the tornado shelter??

tailwags
Noah

Dexter said...

I am so jealous. Your yard is so quiet and peaceful. I live near the highway and we hear car sounds all the time.

Gizmo is motoring around OK. That's a big yard for him to get across so of course he takes his time.

Slobbers,
Mango

River said...

Gizmo is so cute and so wise. Listen to him while you can. I'm so glad you had so much quality time together! It will be something wonderful to remember.

love & wags,
River

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Haha,
I turned the volume up to hear you barked then all of us had the urge to do a live concert with you on the screen.
Hey, Deetz, you're so smart, you know exactly where's the yummy warehouse hidden. That picture of yours on the clip could have won you a gold medal for being a nuisance, hehe!
Thanks for your kind words about the pawlimpics entry, I'm still mad at my mom.
You sure know Snowy&Crystal, please visit them to support their mom and to cheer them up.
Thanks.

Eric said...

Hey Deetzy, Ha, ha you are smart pointing to your snackies! I love the picture of you with Gizmo, I'm sure he has lots to teach you- when you know please tell me, I think Gizmo is one smart doggie.
Yike!!I didn't like the gunshots either but Mommy was doing a pawsome job of reassuring you.Saty safe - hope your little friend did too..

Wiry wags, Eric x

Deefor said...

I'm glad you got to go on a vacation with Gizmo and your humans. I love to go places with mine. I hope that little guy in traffic is OK. Good you had some time to talk with Gizmo (and bark a lot)

Deefor

Casper and pals said...

Glad you had a great vacation!
We did too. Come see our photos

Joe Stains said...

gizmo is very, very wise. I know that he will only go when he feels you are ready to take over.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
Yes, Gizmo is very wise. And you are a good boy listening to him!
I know too where the treats are here in my house!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Rambo said...

Deetzy Boy,
always listen to your elders. They are very wise!
What an awesome vacation.
Rambo

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Yo Deetz!We are finally getting around some. Awesome vacation you had! Looks like fun twirlin in the chair! Did you gt dizzy?

We agree, listen to Gizmo. He is wise.

Hugs
Sunny & Scooter

Kyanite said...

Hi there!

Just stopping by to say Hi, todays first time on-line since last Tuesday.
TY for your sweet comments - you always make me smile & I love your little ears - great portrait.

Love, pats & pets
Blue

The Army of Four said...

Sometimes I just KNOW everypuppy gets more snacks than I do. I've got to study your technique so I can tool Mom out of more.
Luv,
Dave

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

YO Deetzy boy!!! Great sad look on the video...you rock at those beggin' skills!!

Glad Gizmo is able to teach ya all he knows Deetzy boy!! You will be one wise pup from all of his knowledge!

Love ya Man!!!

Scruffman!

Thor and Jack said...

Deetzy
I´m glad you had a wonderful time with your Dad, Mom and Gizmo!
I love that picture of you and Gizmo!

Love and licks
Thor

Chef said...

Hey Deetz. What a nice open space you have to play in. I wish I could come and play with you there and run and run with you. You're sure smart to listen to Gizmo's wisdom. Enjoy your time with him. I wish you were as tall as me ... then you could reach your goodies on the kitchen counter like I do.. well, I used to. Now Mama hides them but I'll figure it out...

Love ya.
Chef

xox
Chef

Duke said...

We sure did miss you while we were away, Deetz! We tried to get on your blog so many times but dial-up was mean to us!
It's so nice to be home!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Snowball said...

Deetzy, you are soooo smart! You even know where your snackies are. I think its only right that Gizmo gets more treats and for mum to let him eat all he wants of his favourite snackies. He is already a senior and you still have many more good years ahead.

Luv
Snowball

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hey Deetz! Hope you're having a great Labor Day. We are being abandoned *sigh*

Hugs
Sunny,Scooter & Jamie(who will be gone maybe 4 hours! sheesh)

Emily said...

Deetzy- Loud noises make me get all worried too. I always want to go investigate but Mom says no. I like your look-out post that you perch on. You look very official when you stand up tall on it!

Cassidy said...

The photo of you and Gizmo is adorable, definitely one for your mum to treasure.

Nibbles
Cassidy x

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Deetz!!!!

The human...she sucks...so lazy and never giving me time to come by and leave a phat phart on your page...

Did you know Deetz that those gun shot things sound like thunder!!! You stay away from those gun shots...you tell them you don't taste good!

With all the storms that we had this week in Arizona I felt like I was in Kansas Deetz! And I totally agree with you...being out in the rain sucks! I would rather hold in the pee and poo and wait for that stuff to stop!

I hope you had a good weekend!
Phartin' at yah, and I'm out!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Oh my, I hope the little dog made his way safely out of trouble!
Love the photo of you and Gizmo! J x

Stanley said...

Hey, DeetzMan!

That Gizzy is a sage. I love to see photos of you two hanging out together.

Are you sure you're not part pointer? hehehe

Goob love,
Stanley

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"