I was dry and clean inside.
Its been so muddy and wet, that mummy just sprayed me with Febreze so I would smell better, until she can give me a bath.
Now I smell fresh as a flower.
This morning Charlotte and I woke up early and went to check on the neighbors pond and their chickens to make sure the catfish and chickens were okay....
Mum came out to go to work and she always has a handful of snackies, so Charlotte and I came running really fast....here we are running fast...

You can't actually see the speed, but you can use your imagination, if you want too.
THEN, it happened!!!
I was running..(say it like Forest Gump) and slammed on the brakes right in front of mummy.
She was wearing a white shirt to work today...I say "WAS"
Who knew mud could fly!!!! I didn't know
Here is a picture of me after the screeching halt:

Here is me after I realized mum wasn't wearing white anymore:

Mum turned and went back inside...within minutes she came back out wearing a red shirt (which personally I think looked better on her) and had a handful of snackies.
The snackies were to distract our attention, so she could make it to her vehicle mud free.
Here we are being distracted:

After seeing mum off to work, charlotte and I headed straight for our other neighbors home. We make sure she makes it to her vehicle each morning,
Its our job. We don't get paid for it or anything, we pretty much volunteer'd.
It has been a very busy morning!!!
Deetzy boy




39 comments:
Deetzy
I'm so glad you didn't have a townado..but it's gweat that they wawn you ust in case!!!
Mud flies????
I nevew knew that too!
You and Chawlotte have vewy busy schedooles..sounds like a lot of wesponsibility..just stay away fwom the caws.. OK?
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess.. thatnks fow the offew of fuw fow my eaws, but it's going to be 98 this weekend, so I guess being naked isn't so bad
hi Deetz, we're glad to know that you are safe and sound. tornadoes are scary.
we're glad you got your mom to change clothes to the prettier blouse. it's good that us dogs can help dress our humans.
woofs.
Oh Deetz, I am glad you are ok and will have sunny weekend. Tornadoes are so scary!
You are so funny that you let mud fly on your mom's white shirt...I am sure the red shirt was much better.
Is the medicine for Gizmo used for pain? Or other symptoms of the cancer? My mom says that you will know when it is time, but that is such a hard realization to make. I will post a story about my sister Taffy soon.....once my mom can stop working so much! She is super busy today again so I just wanted to come by and check on you.
Oh, and can you believe that my mom was only in holland a week? I sure got a lot of animal pictures to post. Now it will be more difficult to tell new stories since my mom says she won't be going on Big World Assignment for a few months. I talk a lot though, so I am sure I will find some stories to tell!
Have a great day, and give Gizmo a kiss from us!
--JB
Hi Deets,
Nanny is at work so I don't know if the package came, cause I is in my crate, we will let use know later when she comes home. I hope use stay safe tornados are scway I hear. Use is very handsome.
Hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies
Pearl
Poor little Gizmo. I am sure the pain meds can't be fun to take either.
I will post about Taffy soon, when my mom can help me. It is about a purple sweater Taffy used to like and what mom did with it when Taffy went to the bridge....still makes mom so sad to think about it. Charlotte has two different colored eyes? I did not know this....that is so cool!
Right now she is trying to put together my pictures from when I opened my goodie package....ooh, I was so excited! Mom took a gazillion pics of me with the goodies because she thought I wa super cute. Mom is supposed to be working but she is goofing off helping me for a little while!
--JB
w00f's Deetz, Gizmo and Charlotte...heehee me not nos how u mama wood b able to do it wiffout u and charlotte helping her...u iz shuch good helpers...looks like u has a pawsome place to run around in...
b safe,
~rocky~
You know the meaning of being a real neighbor in Kansas. Not many would be so concerned as to see the neighbor off every day after making sure your mom gets to work. I can see that you run fast. You would have to be able to run fast with all the work you are doing.
Deetz, I'm very relieved you disn't have tornados.
You made your Mum a paterend shirt, how clever of you, I'm sure the design was pawsome, hehe!!
Have a good weekend. Keep safe inside. Wags, Eric
Deetz!
Dang you're good man! How else could you have let your mom know that white was not the right colored shirt to wear today. Red, I'm sure was definitely the best way to go!
As for those tore-nay-dohs...I was secretly worried, but not oober worried, I knew you would scare those sucky, swirly thing away. But in any event, I rested up really good yesterday afternoon and sent out some crazy intense ESP your way! I sent it to put a forcefield around your house! Hehehe
ACK!!! DEETZ! IT'S FRIDAY!!! My human is doing the happy dance, but I have a tear in my eye. I'm going to miss you for a whole weekend! I'm going to bite my human and tell her to put out a new blog dangit!!!
Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley
Friday IS for freedom. Mom likes that and so do I!
Thanks for asking about my daddy. Everything with the airline is based on seniority, so he should be ok. He has been with American for over 20 years so he has good seniority, and has been a captain for over 15 years. When they let pilots go, it is the newer hires that are sent on furlow. Some news that i have not told anyone yet....my daddy was flying super 80's in the U.S., but he will start training for the 767 in a week, and then will be flying international! I told him that he must keep up the Big Wrold Assignments and get me some pictures of international animal friends!
--JB
I didn't know about the Febreeze and for that I am sorry. Maybe I have enough power to make Febreeze smell like dirt. Let me try to send that your way...this may take some time!
Uhhhh, duh youre faster that Charolette! Firstly, it's because your Deetz, Secondy, it's because your an Airedale.
Satan is bothering me. I have to go and teach her a lesson. Wish me luck. I put a forcefield around my nose. I can't risk getting that device sliced!
Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley
Deetz!
I'm glad the weather didn't get really scary! Good thing you were all safe.
That first picture is beautiful! The sunrise looks really nice, and I can totally imagine how fast you and Charlotte are running! You're both leaning, running SIDEWAYS! You have to run super fast to be able to do that!
Well, I think your human Mom should have been prepared to have her white shirt turn a different color. I mean, if you mix muddy ground, speeding dog, and white shirt together, it all comes out in one thing - BROWN. Hee hee.
I hope you all have a GRRRReat weekend!
Sparky
Deetz! I'm glad there weren't really any tornados! Wow, you must have been running REALLY fast to have splashed mud up on mom's shirt from your split second stop!
You must be a great neighbor, what with helping with the car and all! Keep up the good work!
The above comment was from Rusty,
http://chasingsquirrelswithrusty.wordpress.com
Deetz,
I don't know if your mom is still at work, but I just posted my goody exchange pics in a slide show in my small world. That sure was a fun exchange!
--JB
Hi, Deetz -
We are glad you did not get any more tornadoes. We don't want anything to happen to you - you are too cute.
We didn't know mud could fly. Mama doesn't like it when I put muddy paw prints on her clothes.
Have a good weekend.
Love -
Hershey and Kaci
Hiya Deetzie,
That sure is a funny post matie. We especially like the flying mud part hee hee.
Gosh you've got so much land around you. Question..How come you can run to either neighbour without getting lost or running off somewhere else? From the picture they look like they're a long way away and there doesn't seem to be any fences. What about the road, can you get to that? Oh one more question, do you have a tornado shelter underground? Gosh we're nosey hee hee.
Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy
We're so glad you didn't get any tornadoes! Bless that weatherman for being wrong!
Great pictures, Deetz, but we can see some sort of evil black auora coming off your tail! What's that all about?! Does it have anything to do with the mud caper?!
Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch
Whoo hoo! You must have a kind and patient mom. Slinging mud at her? Oh, Deetz. You need to fix your brakes.
Glad you didn't get a tornado!
You and Charlotte get to stay outside during the day while your mom goes to work? You're lucky.
Hi, Deetz...
I'm glad you didn't get a tornado...Those aren't good...
I bet your Mom wanted to wear the red shirt anyway...
Hey...I got my Goodie Package today...Come see all the great stuff I got from Dewey Dewster...
Stay safe...
Abby xxxooo
Hi, Deetz!
I hope your mom did not make the same face my mom makes when I put my dirty paws on her clean clothes!
Good job taking care of your mom and the neighbors!
Have a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Glad no tornado headed towards you home! Oh, I bet it was fun tom play outside when it's all wet & muddy. I wonder how your mom reacted when all that mud splattered on her clean white shirt? Looks like a very busy day for ya dat's for sure!
Butt shakes,
Solid Gold Dancer
yaaaay - no ternado in your place ^_^
You are starting to give our mommy ideas on how to distract us when she is bout to leave to school :p
Maltese Paws,
Snowy and Crystal
"slammed on the brakes right in front of mummy" LOL =)
hi Deetz
That running around in the mud looks like messy fun. It's good thing you gor your mom to change to a pretty red shirt. I'm happy you didn't have a tornado. Sooo scary.
Deefor
Deetz,
I woof use sew mush, my package came and Nanny will post later, but I needed to Say THANK YOU, what pawsome prezzies, the cow scared me at first but now she is my fwend and all those pink toys yeah, Nanny gave me a ball tweat and it was liscious. I wish I could come to Kansas and gives use smoochies but eyes looked at a map and that's sews far away, well I can at least dream about smooching use.
Love, hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies
Pearl
pee-ess the UPS driver laughed at the address label PEARL THE PUG
Hi Deetz!
That warning would have scared us! But we're glad there wasn't any tornado..
Hee hee.. you must have been running really fast! But at least the red shirt looked better like you said!
Great pics by the way!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena
we are sure that Mom looks better in red too. It sounds like you guys have a very important job when Mom isn't home...
Big sloppy kisses
Gus and Louie
How nice of you to make sure that your ladies make it off to work each day! What would they do without you! I have no doubt that you feed them so many compliments as they feed you snackies!
woof!
toffee
Deetz,
I´m glad that you didn´t get a tornado. I bet your mom was very well dressed with a red shirt!
Thor
tornado sounds scawy...
btw...u can run lightning fast.. I'm sure ur mum is happy to get ur muddy pawtograph
Oh my...you smelled so badly you've been febrezed?? Hmm...I do think they make doggie cologne..fact is, we've all been sprayed with it here...yeesh....
Tell ur mom that mud looks good on white...and red...Mumsie wears mud all the time...it's her new look since we got Babystan...and he doesn't stop to let the mud fly...he just attacks...
That snake was pawsome, Deetz!!!! 16 feet long...or was it 26 feet? Sorry...can't remember...but it was amazing!!!!!
You guys sure live in the coolest place...all that running...ya must be exhausted by the end of the day!!!
Attractive lakie barks,
Lacie
Oh glad the weather is better at your side now.
You sure had a busy and fun morning
~ Girl girl
Hi, Deetz -
We tried the ice cream test. Except for #4 we are just like you.
Love -
Hershey and Kaci
I can't believe your mum changed her shirt! Doesn't she know that mud is the greatest fashion accessory?! I always feel like I look my best after rolling around in it.
Glad the tornedo missed you. My mom doesn't even own anything white cause of my giant slobber mouth.
Mango
Hi Deetz,
How was your weekend? How is Gizmo?
--JB
Funny, that we sent each other messages at the same time! Vienna sausages? Whatever works, right?
Have a good day!
--JB
Oh my we have never had a tornado but I can tell you right now we wouldn't do well!!!! Good trick that mud on the white shirt...kept her around longer didn't it??!! Love A+A
Okay... Now we know mud DO fly.
Why not do it so often so you'll always get double sharings of treats!
Yipee!
Rudolf & Goofy
Post a Comment