NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Bull Blowout Weekend

I gots to go with mum and dad to the Bull Blowout this weekend.
It was so humid, wet, muddy and normally that would be the best playground for me, but all I wanted to do was get in the truck and mum turn on the air.

We first went over to some of the bulls and asked them if they wanted to be JB's friend. There were several that said they would be his friend. Here is one of them...


Here is daddy getting mum's horse ready to go in and run all the bulls around the arena, probably to get them good and mad before the humans get on them...



Personally, I think my daddy is very brave to get in there with all those bulls. I want to grow up to be that brave.

Mum took me to the concession stand and got me a sloppy joe. You should try one of those!!! They were delicious.

Here are some other pictures from the event. Thats my daddy on the paint horse. He ropes those bulls and drags em out of the arena. They are afraid of him.

I got into trouble and had to go and stay in the trailer about 30 minutes into the event. This dog just comes up real close to my mum, didn't ask or anything and I let him know right away that is not allowed.
My mum said I was kinda rude and that was not allowed at the event. I apologized to my mum on the way to the trailer. I didn't care I had to stay in the trailer cuz it was cooler in there.

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.









I was completely exhausted!!! Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend.

25 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's Deetzy, Charlotte and Gizmo...did charlotte and gizmo gitta go too...heehee dose bulls looks skeerey...mama thinks ur horses iz pawsome, her loves horses...u worked really hard at the bull riding thingy..u deserved a nice nappie in the cool..

b safe,
~rocky~

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

What the crap is that! YOU got in trouble for prtecting YOUR mum? That's crap I say! CRAP! That dog didn't know what it was up against, huh? Did you get to herd the bulls after they were good and tired? I personally woulda opted for the trailer too, it's too hot to be outside right now! Did you know my human is trying to make another appointment for me to be groomed. She said that since she just got a haircut, well I gotta get one too! CRAP I say!!! Heheheh!

Love you Deetz!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Lacy said...

w00f's Deetzy, heehee mama sumtimes scratchies me wiff her toes...pettin iz pettin, whatever ya use...me will haff to pay attention to iffin they stinks...

b safe,
~rocky and company~

Emily said...

Wow, Deetz! Looks like you had a fun weekend! And sloppy joes too?? We are so jealous!

Duke said...

Wow! Mom loves watching bull riding on TV and you got to see it in person! We're very jealous! We've never had sloppy joes before!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

Wow...That looks like fun...Especially the Sloppy Joe part...

I'm sure your Mom knew you were just trying to protect her...She just knew you wanted to be in the air conditioned trailer...

Abby xxxooo

Niamh said...

Wow! Those bulls look a lot scarier than the cows I have met. You are very brave to go near them. I have never had a Sloppy Joe but it sounds like something I would love. Glad you had a fun time.

Your friend,
Niamh

Snowball said...

Hi Deetz,

How did you show the other doggies that they are not allowed to be near your mum? I do it by snapping at them and chase them at least 1 meter away before I come back to my original position and continue to pawtect them. Did you do the same?

Luv

Snowball

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
those bulls are scary! Your Dad is so brave to be there with them!
What is a sloppy joe??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

the many Bs said...

hey Deetz, your dad sure is brave to go mess with those bulls. we think he's brave to even get on a horse. when we visited our grampa's farm, Bailey was afraid of the horses and barked barked barked barked barked barked at them and he wouldn't go by them on the road.

that sloppy joe sounds yummylicious. was it the best think you've ever eaten?

woofs.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Wow, you had an interesting weekend with all those bulls and horse to play with. I'm sorry that other dog got you in trouble.

Levi's mom

Tenkiller Airedales said...

Hi Deetz! Apache here.... yes, I too am an a/c shade dawg!!! Good for you. Personally I think that any dawg that doesn't protect their mommy is no dawg at all. Paws off to you.

Aireslaps,
Chief Apache

Asta said...

Deetz
I think you awe fabuloous fow pwotecting youw Mom and desewve koodo , tweats and a wondewful west
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Your daddy sure is brave. I'm afraid to get too near to those HUGE animals

~ Girl girl

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey Deetz, those pics are great matie...real cowboy stuff!!!
Hey do you know what a sloppy joe is here??? It's a sweater...yup, we wear sloppy joes hee hee.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah xx

Amber-Mae said...

Oooo, those bullies look scawie & huge! I bet they can stomp on us doggies into pancakes. Your daddy sure was brave. How come those bullies are so scared of your daddy when they are like 10x his size? So furny. You were a good boy to protect your mommy. That doggy was rude to not ask permission 1st before asking for pets. Hope you had a great day!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Deetz! Tonight I showed my human that I would protect her...just like you protected your mum! Hehehe!

There was an unidentified human who tried to approach the door at work and I let out a long deep Woof! I scared the human good, until they saw my face...then they realized I'm not mean! I gotta work on my mean face!!!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a day! You really had a lot of excitement. But your mom was right. You have to be polite in public or she won't be able to take you anywhere. And we know how you like to travel. You'll do better next time.

purrs and tail wags

Toffee said...

Deetz!

What a busy day you had. Did you enjoy speaking with the bulls? I cannot believe that you had to go to the trailer after doing your duty and protecting your mom! Don't they know that you were just protecting her from strangers?? I know you were totally misunderstood ; )

Deefor said...

Your dad is very impressive. Maybe he can come with us to the doggie park and lasso Arrow. I too am often misunderstood when I protect my family. But AC is the best on a hot day.

Deefor

Kirby said...

What a day! Did you have the best time ever? I totally would have! I'm already begging mom to hook me up with a sloppy joe. I have no clue what it is, but if you are throwing out your endorsement, I'm all for it. You Dad is super cool!! He gets to ride he ponies and mess with the buss, that is PAWSOME! Oh, and I would have done the same thing you did to protect your Mom. NO ONE messes with MY MOM! Grrrrr. He he!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i was wondering why the bulls are afraid of the horse... i'm sure they can win the fight

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Deetz,
How exciting! I am so excited to think that bulls could be my friends! What a fun weekend. I will post as soon as my mom gets back home. She read me your post over the phone. I think your daddy is super brave! Those bulls look a bit scary.
--JB

Agatha and Archie said...

What a day! No wonder you were pooped!! ANd the sloppy joe was a nice touch!! Love A+A(Archie fainted when he saw those bulls)

Eric said...

Wow, how xciting all that cowboy stuff. Your Daddi is a hero huh?. Sorry you got the naughty corner for protecting your Mom...I do the same too ....

Hehe me laughed at Noel's remark cos yes, sloppy Joes are jumpers here too!

Wags, Eric

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"