I took Gizmo in to the Vet on Wednesday. The doctor called and said his cancer tumor was back, but that it was small and he asked what I wanted to do. I asked his opinion and he suggested removing it with surgery. I went ahead and decided with the surgery. When I went to pick him up, the doctor said to me: Gizmo had two tumors and I had to cut really deep to remove them, and I sure hope his tongue works.
I was so enraged. I did not want to put Gizmo through anymore suffering. Had I known this before hand, I would have opted to let him go. Gizmo's tongue was hanging out of his mouth off to one side, he looked at me, like...I am done.
He could not eat, or drink. If I put water in his mouth with a syringe, it would drain out. He could not swallow. His daddy told me not to beat myself up about it and give it a day. The next day, he never got out of his bed all day. Didn't eat, drink, go to the bathroom. I went to the store after work and got some baby food, yogurt, baby food turkey hot dogs. I thought for sure when I got home, I would find him close to death. BUT, instead, when he heard me, he got up and wagged his tail. I scooped him up, got the antibiotics down him and pain medicine. I opened up the turkey hot dogs, and he literally tried to eat the jar. I mashed it all up and after about 5 minutes of him trying to get it down his throat, he finally did. He ate and ate and ate.
Gizmo is one tough lil man. He really should not be here. He has gone through so much the past several months. The removal of the cancer is no cure, but to see him eating was such a blessing. I honestly believe the prayers everyone sends my way is giving him the strength he needs to survive. I hug and Thank You all.
The videos below are not all that great, but I wanted you to see him eating.
Also, as you can see, Deetz is supervising!!!! lol
PACKAGE FROM T-BONE BEASLEY:
I gots a package from my dear friend Beasley. If you haven't met him yet, please go to his blog in my list of friends. He is so cute and sweet and I know you will just love him. He sent me a card, here is me reading it.

Daddy had already opened the box before mum got home for her to take pictures. She told him never do that again. I think he will comply. So, she didn't get any pictures of him giving me a nylobone....OMG...it was awesome. I just loved them.
But when my mum got home, I helped myself to getting into the box and getting out my Squiggly dog. It stretches, it rattles, it squeeks!!!! Beasley said I needed to lick it so I did

and then he said I can kill it too, so I did

You really don't kill it, you just act like you are going to. I played with it all night long. I even tried to take it outside with me, but mum said No. It is my favorite toy of all. Even my dad likes it and tries to take it away from me so he can play with it. Its Mine ALL Mine. Thank You, T-Bone!!!
PS. Mr. Beasley: Act really surprised, cuz my mum will kill me if she knew I was telling you this...but I know she got you something too and will be sending soon.
Kissy paw Hugs everyone
Deetz




27 comments:
We started to read your update about Gizmo and thought we might have to cry....but then what wonderful news! Gizmo is such a fighter! And he gets eat on the counter too like I do sometimes!
Deetz....you and Gizmo have a wonderful mom. It is hard when we get sick but so great to have great moms to take care of us. Not sure if you really know my sister Misty's story, but if you have time, read this post:
http://jbssmallworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/mistys-story.html
Tell your mom to never give up on us furry kids until you know for sure it is time for us to go to the bridge.
--JB and JB's mom
be strong gizmo, may all strength be with u...
Hurray for Gizmo! He is, for sure, a fighter! We will keep our paws crossed for him!
Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny
We are so pleased to here Gizmo has come through the surgery and is eating!
We have all our paws crossed here!
What a fabulous prezzie from Mr T Bone Beasley.
Big Nose Pokes & positive thoughts for Gizmo
The Thuglets +2
Deetz please give Gizmo a lot of kisses from me ok ? I hope he will be fine soon....
Mr Beasley is a nice friend...
Kisses, Faya
Hi Deetz,
Thanks for reading about Misty. We are so happy she is still with us and her one kidney is still working fine!
Maybe it is the little "gray" furry animals that are the strongest fighters?
--JB
Hi, Deetz!
Glad to hear that Gizmo is eating! Sure is not yet his time to go over the bridge and I am so happy for him and all your family!
I loved his video eating on the counter and you supervising!
Paws crossed.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Deetz!
First and foremost, if I could come by and give Gizmo the biggest most gentle lick I would. I know I have healing spit, 'cause when I bite my human and hurt her on accident I lick her and then it's all okay! I will send some oober intense ESP his way, and hope that this is the very last time he has to hurt!
Also, YAY FOR THE SQUIGGLY! I know he came with another name, but I felt that "Squiggly" suited him just fine! He is the coolest toy! He functions in so many other ways. Sometimes my human holds Suiggly's head and slingshots the butt at me, oh that really gets me going! Next time...two headed snake!!!!
Thanks for putting up the pictures! My human and I jumped for joy...then I went to my nylabone and destroyed it and all of its deliciousness!
WooHoo!
Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley
Oh Deetz
I am so happy to see Gizmo eating!!!!
That is wondewful1!!!!!!!!
Maybe the candles Mommi lit helped a little too.., he looks spunky and happy..what a little twoopew he is..and you'we doing a gweat job of supewvising...I'm so happy..evewy day is a gift, and he doesn't seem to be in paoin that's impowtant!
smoochie kisses
Asta
We are sending you all our love and hugs for you to give to Gizmo - we hope that he is feeling better soon.Make sure you look after him okay Deetz ?
lots of love
Opy
Gizmo sure is one determined pup. What a champion!! Deetz, you keep on supervising Gizmo to make sure he keeps eating. You're doing a good job.
As for that toy..wow, it's great.
Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy
hi Deetz, please give your mom a big thank you and a hug from our mom for the update on Gizmo. our mom was getting really sad and upset, but then she was happy when she heard he was eating. he is one tough little guy and we can tell that your mom loves him very much. we want him to be okay and for your mom to be happy too. we're still kind of mad at your vet though.
so anyway, you keep an eye on him and help your mom. Gizmo needs your help and we are sending our strongest and best poodle vibes your way to make him better.
we think Mr. T-Bone is a cool dog too and it was so nice of him to send you a package. that does look like a fun toy.
woofers!
woofies and burfs deetzy...me not like u dogtor verwy much..little gizmo iz shuch a fighter...and derserves to live as long as he iz not in pain..and lookies like his family iz with him all da way...heehee me loved to c him eatin..me finks all the prayers, candles and get well vibes r helpin him...
b safe,
rocky
bear and
angel lacylulu ;)
Hey, DeetzMan!
Give that tough guy Gizzy a big juicy (yet gentle) goober smooch from me(remember, they have healing properties)! He's eating like a champ! I am SO STINKIN' HAPPY!
Now, about T-Bone's gift... that is completely decent of him to send you such a cool squiggly! I can see why your dad would try to steal it from you. He's one righteous aireboy (just like you, man!)!
Please tell your mama that we will have to arrange ourselves a nice bitey face and wrasslin' extravaganza sometime this spring! She's gonna be busy with her dreaded thesis until the end of May, but anytime after that...
Goober love,
Stanley
We're so happy to hear Gizmo's good news! We were smiling from ear to ear watching him chow down his food! Good for you, Gizmo!
Awesome pressies from Mr. T-Bone Beasley, Deetz! That was so nice of him!
Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch
Phew, so glad your mom found the right foodies that Gizmo would eat. Sounds like the little guy is really struggling. Giant Mango Zen headed your way.
Mango
Hi, Deetz -
Thanks for the update on Gizmo. Mama and I really like the way you supervised - that was so cute! You are a really good brother to him.
We had a little rain last night. Mama went downstairs and saw some water on the basement floor. At least it was not like the weekend where we could not use water at all. But your wish did come true - now the sun is out and the birds are chirping away.
Kaci, Mama and I hope you all have a good weekend.
Love -
Hershey and Kaci
Hi Deetz!
I am so happy to see Gizmo eating! He is a fighter! Good work supervising your brother! I hope he is feeling better now! I´m keeping my paws crossed for him!
Love and licks
Thor
Deetz -
Thank you for visiting my blog and signing my guestbook! I hope that Gizmo is feeling better and better with each day - you would be surprised how resilient us pupper dogs are!
woof, your pal
toffee
So pleased to hear Gizmo is eating. He certainly is a tough one!
Toodle pip
Harry x
Deetz!
I've been thinking about you an Gizmo all day. I've rested up sooooo much today, so don't be alarmed if Gizmo almost falls off his seat when my ESP reaches him. It's gonna be a butt load of energy coming his way!
Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley
We've been watching for news on Gizman - Wonderful to see him eat and looks like he feels better....
Deetz whatever you're saying to him ....working wonders....
Oh it maybe Mr T-Bone's AIREZEN...
XXXoooXXXoooXXXooo
We agree with JB. We were preparing to cry too and we've been tearing up enough over Lilly Lu, Mu Shue and Iris. We're so glad Gizmo was able to eat. He must have been starving.
We are so happy Gizmo is eating!!! WooHoo! We will continue to keep paws crossed(even though Archie is having a bit of trouble walking with crossed paws) Love A+A
Oh Deetz...we had to catch up on ur bloggie...we were holdin' our breath as we read ur post about Gizmo....we were so happy he could eat...ur poor mom...by the way how are her kidney rocks??? Mumsie's had a bunch of those and sends her sympathy for all that pain. She said they're horrible!
T bone gave u some great prezzies....we're gonna trot over to his bloggie now....
And Deetz...I love your ears...like adore them...don't ever think there's anything wrong with them...ur adorable just the way you are!!!!!
Soft loving healin' kissies to Gizmo from us, Deetz...
Lacie
We're sorry ya couldn't make the pawty but there will be others, Deetz...ya had to be home for that one!!
We're so happy to hear Gizmo is doing better! Keeping him in our prayers!
Deetz, that's such a lovely present you've got there!
Aw.... go Gizmo!!!! Sending Aire Zen...
Love,
Bogart
Post a Comment