NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Good Friday!!!!

I must say, it was a good Friday afterall. Mummy took Gizmo to see the doctor. She said the doctor wanted to try one more thing.
He said the tumor was back in his mouth, but that it wasn't as large as what he had removed a month ago. He said he wanted to try a shot of steroids and some antibiotics and pain medicine.
He said if he still wasn't eating with two days, to bring him back and then he would sedate him and make a decision at that time. So, mum agreed. Daddy said his prayers were answered.
Mum sat me down and had a nice talk-n-2 to me.

She said, "Sometimes lil deetzy the world is full of sadness, like when Lacylulu passed away unexpectantly...But, sometimes, Deetzy, our prayers are answered and even though there can be much sadness around us, there is always joy and happiness around the corner, in the smile of a stranger, meeting new friends, etc...so, always look for the good in everything that we experience".

I kinda understood what she was saying. I thought I was getting a talk-n-2 cuz I destroyed a really expensive pair of high heel shoes of hers, boy I was freakin out.

Anywaz, I know everyone was praying for Gizmo, even Lacylulu's mumma in her time of grief, and I just wanted to thank everyone, cuz someone did listen!!!

P.S. Mum said she is still a little upset with me about the shoes and she would talk to me about that later......JUST GREAT!!!! Also, I tore the head off my red elephant, and the beaver....You can look at it two ways...I have more toys... or two headless toys.

High fives
Deetzy

22 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Deetz,

Thanks for letting us know about Gizmo. Your mom is right. After all you went through last week, there was a ray of sunshine coming. And we are very happy for all of you.

We hope Gizmo does well on his new treatment! We've all got our paws crossed.

And, Deetz, chewing up shoes is never a good idea. Tearing the heads off your toys is much safer!

Duke said...

Your news just made our day, Deetz! We're so happy for you and your mom! Now for this new treatment to work! Paws are crossed!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Asta said...

OhDeetzyThat is wondewful news..We wewe pwaying and thinking of you all weekend..youw Mommi is vewy smawt..she said some vewy bootiful things, but I can undewstand how you wewe a little fweeked out ajd felt the need fow a little nottyness..that's what I do too. Youw Mommi will fowgive you I'm suwe,shoes awe pwecious, but not as pwecious as fuwwkids.
smoochie kisses
Asta

the many Bs said...

hi Deetz, we are so happy about little Gizmo! that's wonderful news. your mommy is good to talk to you about these things and she is right in what she says. sometimes there is sadness and sometimes a little hope. we are happy that Gizmo is our ray of hope.

and about those shoes - it's probably better for you to chew the heads off of your toys and leave mom's shoes alone. moms get kind of possessive over their shoes. it's not good to stress your mom out over a silly pair of shoes when you have extra toys now - hee hee!

woofs.

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Yay for Gizmo! I'm so glad to hear he is doing better. I will do some very intense ESP and send it his way! Woo hoo for ESP!

Well, Deetz...I agree with you, I think it looks like you have more toys! Headless toys just sounds so bad...but if lay out all the toys there are definately more now! Go Deetz! You're so wise!

My moose is a slipper. Someone donated it at work, and since there was only one...well, I claimed it in the name Of Mr. T-Bone Beasley! I think I saw something similar to it at Petsmart though! What you really need to get is a Sguiggly dog! The butt rattles and the head squeeks and the middle section is stretchy...I kill him, then kiss him to death each and every day!

Wait! Don't get it! Perhaps I shall send that for your birthday instead! Have you put a birthday list together yet?

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Princess Patches said...

Yay for Gizmo! We sure hope the new treatment works! We'll keep on praying that he gets much better so he can be with you for a long, long time! Maybe he can teach you not to chew shoes! We finally learned that, but it took a long time!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey there Deetzie,
Thats great news about little Gizmo. You all must have had a pretty good Easter. We're going to keep our paws crossed so all stays well.
About those shoes...hee hee. It doesn't sound too good but dales do that kind of thing every now and again. We think you should sit your mum down and have a little chat with her about it and explain that you didn't really mean to.

Good luck.
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Hammer said...

Dear Deetz
We have been checking your blog every day over Easter, hoping to hear good news about Gizmo. We are so very happy for Gizmo, you and your pawrents that Gizmo is still with you. It is good the vet is doing everything he can to help Gizmo too. We will keep praying that Gizmo will be able to attend your Barkday pawty with you.
Love from Hammer
PS I hope your mum forgets about the shoes coz you are only a baby. I still eat up shoes and stuff and I'm 7yo.

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

That is great news about Gizmo. We all hope that he will do well with his treatment and send more good wishes your way.

Don't worry about chewing your toys I (Hershey) have already destroyed six ducks that squeak/quack. The last one ended up with no feet a wing missing and the beak chewed so badly that the stuffing came out of the head.

And the shoes - well my older sister chewed seven pairs of Mama's shoes when she was your age. Shoes can be replaced but you and Gizmo are irreplaceable.

Love -

Hershey

Hi, Deetz -

Hope you all had a great Easter!

Love -

Kaci

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Deetz...we're so relieved that the Vettie had another thought for Gizmo...we sendin' him some zen...the large economy size box...

Sshhhh...

I'm speakin' quietly here...ur mom could trip and fall in those high heels...so we KNOW you destroyed them to help her out...yep!! What a thoughtful, caring Dale!!!!!!!

Barkin' at ya...
Scruffy

Kirby said...

Hi Deetz,

I'm so happy the vet has some new ideas for Gizmo, that is just wonderful! Your Mom is right, when all is wrong, sometimes, good things come along. Keep us up to date on Gizmo. I'll keep on sending out my Aire Zen for him!

To make your Mom happy, just kill your stuffies, not her shoes. There's something with Moms and shoes, so just stick to the toys. He he!

Your pal,
Kirby

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
I have my paws crossed for Gizmo and I hope the new treatment works well for him!
Our friends are right. You must stick to your toys and not your mom's shoes. I know they are tempting but they get us in trouble!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Lacy said...

woofies Deetz and little Gizmo...whewww Gizmo me iz sooo happy dat dogtor iz gonna trwy sumthin new, me hopies it works fur u...and fank u soo much fur the tribute fur me, dat wuz soo nice of u..me luvs u boff and will watch over u..

b safe,
;)angel lacylulu

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hey Deetz. Hope Gizmo is doing well now. Good job on your toy.

~ Girl girl

i said...

We're so glad to hear the good news! Will still continue to kee you guys in our thoughts and prayers! Your mom gave you some really good talk-n-2 there.

Gee, your mom's poor shoes. Gee, your poor toys.

Anonymous said...

Deetzy, thank you so much for lettings us know about Gizzie. I'm glad he has such a wonderful doctor. Let's keep praying for wisdom for him that he'll find a solution for his problems...
BTW - I ran off with one my Pa's socks earlier... he wasn't pleased with me either.
Josh

Harry said...

How good to hear a little positive news about Gizmo's health. We have everything crossed here for more good news.

Toodle pip
Harry x

Asta said...

Deetz
I hope you and Gizmo and youw Mom awe all fine today!!!
I tagged you..come and see
love and smoochie kisses
Asta

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh such lovely news! We will keep all of our paws crossed(even though Archie is having trouble walking) Just tell your Mum that you don't know what got into you and look really cute,works wvery time Love A+A

Maya and Kena said...

Thanks fur the update on Gizmo. We're glad to know that the tumor isn't too big!!
Your mom's talk was very special, and we think that everyone can relate to it, especially right now.
Thanks fur sharing it!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Bogart H. Devil said...

Paws crossed!

Love,
Bogart

Stanley said...

Excellent EXcellent EXCELLENT news about Gizmo Boy!

Keep us posted and enjoy yourselves, buddy!

Goober love & happy smooches,
Stanley

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"