NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Trauma Time at Vet Doctors


Dino here
I started crying for no reason Thursday and Friday, so momma took me to the vet doctor on Saturday morning.
They tried to look in my mouth, but I put up a great fight. In the end, I lost!
They had to sedated me and when they did, I accidentally pottied everywhere, SO, ontop of having them probe in my mouth, I had to get a bathie too.
Guess what they found?
A piece of oat grass (sticker) stuck in the back of my froat!


I am all better now though, accept for that nasty antibiotic stuff I have to take.


I helped Deetzy keep an eye on the property.
Deetzy had to go to the vet doctor too, but all he got was a rabie shot so
he doesn't turn into Kujo.


I put on such a pity party, that even kitty kitty felt bad for me and gave me
lots of kissies.

Springtime is very busy around our house and mom has been working non-stop!
We miss so many of our dear friends. We heard this morning about the passing
of Jackson. Our hearts go out to their family!
We haven't even gotten to properly introduce ourselves to the new addition at Butchy and Snickers place, Katie. We hope to be by soon.
And Maggie and Mitch won a beautiful quilt.


2010 has been a very tearful one so far, but then I see all the new babies with their forever homes...So, I have learned this year that with the bad there is always good around the corner.

Happy belated Mothers Day to all the furry kids moms.
Deetzy, Dino, Angel Sharkie, Kitty Kitty, Angel Gizmo

28 comments:

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Man, glad they got that seed out of your mouf!
Yes, Jackson, Digby in France and our Shamus has not been gone even a month yet. We hope they are having great fun playing with balls, doing zoomies, roaching and running like the wind together as they wait for us, their people.
*sigh*
Mom says "Hi" to your mom Deetzy boy!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Jans Funny Farm said...

It was sad to say good-bye to Jackson and Digby today. Each year there are more pet bloggers, which means more tears -- but also more fun. The fun part is easy, it's the saying good-bye that's hard.

So glad the vet found the problem and took care of it. Stay out of trouble, Dino.

Jans Funny Farm said...

PS -- Did you go see Sharkie's offspring?

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ouchie - that must have been very painful - so glad you were able to get it out of there. We were very sad to read about Jackson and Digby. Just seems to keep happening.

Hope all is well with you.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Nelly said...

phew! Glad that got sorted easily Dino! You had us worried there boy! It's a good job you've got Kitty Kitty.
Nibbles
Nelly xx

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh no!

We are glad woo are feeling better BUT do watch out fur those khat khysses -

They have KHOOTIES!

It has been a furry sad time here in the blogosphere

We're getting our khandle ready fur later -

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dexter said...

Dino,
I think something similar happened to Dennis the vizsla recently. Good thing you went to the vet. Now you have to add those things to your not to eat list.

Slobbers,
Mango

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! That must be very scary. Glad to hear that you are alright. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Duke said...

We've heard that oat grass is nasty stuff! Be careful what you put in your mouth, Dino! We don't want you to be in pain anymore!
We'll be leaving the quilt in the guestroom for now! We are having VERY special guests in about a week! You know these guys, Deetz!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy...

Thanks for stopping by...I Love to hear from you...

Your new little brother is adorable...I'm glad they got that thing out of his throat...That doesn't sound fun at all...

My Mom says she wishes she could meet up with all the Dog Mom's in NYC, but she will be starting her new job in July...

Do you believe it...She is about 948 years old & has worked at the same place for 24 years & she just decided she wanted to try something new...So she is gonna retire from one job & start another...

I think she should just retire & stay home...

Anyway...Please stop by more often...I miss you when we don't talk for awhile...

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dino!
I am so sorry you had to go to the Vet!
But I am happy you are better now!
Our thoughts are with Jackson family too.
Take care
Kisses and hugs to all of you
Lorenza

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Deetzy...what a beautiful site for Gizmo's and Sharky's final resting place...the angel and the flowers are so very bootiful....

We too are grieving over Jackson and Digby...

The Angel Dogs pass their love and spirit into the new life...

Love you Deetz...


Scruffy, Lacie and Stanny

Life With Dogs said...

Glad to hear you escaped mostly unharmed. But what an indignity! ;)

Huskee and Hershey said...

Glad that it wasn't something serious!! Awww... love the pic of Kitty Kitty kissing you, it's so sweet!!
We love the site for Gizmo and Sharkie... it's PAWFECT with the Angel watching over them. **hugs**

Eric said...

Hey Dino.Phew. Glad you are all okey dokey now!

That's a very special place you made for dear little Gizmo and Sharky. yesterday was such a sad day but I bet Gizmo and Sharky were ready and waiting to welcome to welcome Jackson and Digby.

Wiry love Eric xxx

Gus said...

Glad you are better...great job making even the cat feel bad about your owie.

gussie

Inky and Molly said...

Oh you poor puppers. What a nasty grass seed can do...
Hope you are recovering real quick.
Lots of licks, I&M

Deefor said...

Dino
Glad the vet helped you out. Grass is legal in Colorado now. But only for medicine. Hope it's not that bad kind.

Looks like you found a good family and Jinx and Deetz and taking good care of you and the humans.

Deefor

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

WE are so glad you are ok, Dino! How cool is that, that Deetz let you hog his blog for a day? hee hee
You are really cute you know.
Tell Deetz that we have more babies at my house. Come see!
--JB

hkairedalespack said...

Ouch, that sticker was so painful. Glad you are feeling better, Dino.
Hugs, Miley and Mariah

The Airechicks said...

Okay that Oat Grass stuff is now on the DON'T EAT list..Glad you're better - Great shots of you and the family!!

You and Deetz are very hard workers - extras treats...

XXoooXXXooo

Saying Goodbye is hard - we'll miss their adventures but the new adventures across the bridge will be something so special for them. No hurt No pain....

Enjoy the weekend!

julee said...

We hope you are feeling better Dino. Mom, what mix is Master Dino and have you seen Sharkey's offspring?

Princess Patches said...

Dino, we are soooooo glad you're okay! Ya really don't have to go all ninja on the vet. Whatever they do to us, it only hurts for a second...and then it's all over and we start to feel better. I know that's easy to SAY!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Oat grass? Oh my! That piece of oat grass sent you to the Vet then pottied everywhere!
Happy Belated Mother's Day to your lovely Mom, lets kick my mom for being super lazy!
And our hearts go out to you for the passing of Sharkie, he'll be missed.
Love y'all

Lacy said...

w00fs, heehee u not a billy goat, u not pose to eat grass...me still misses gizzy and sharkie..u sure is growing fast..pretty soon u b as big as Deetzy..

b safe,
~rocky~

i said...

Hi Deetzy! And Dino! Gosh, I've missed out so much on every doggie's news that it's really hard to catch up. Hope all is well with you all.

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Dino, I hope you don't have post-traumatic syndrome, hehe.
By the way, would you please swing by my blog to look at my family portrait, finally my mom came out from her shyness to say hello to all of you.
Cheers!

Jans Funny Farm said...

You've been quiet for a while. We hope you are all okay and just enjoying the nice weather. We're thinking of you.

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"