NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Have An Idea....


OKAY....Hear me out!

There are two reason's that I got this idea. Laska and Bear.
Oh, as we well know, there are many more who need our help.

DWB members are far and wide.
It is hard for me being in Kansas to keep an eye out for Laska and for Bear.

I got to thinking about a blog, sorta like match.com, only for our furry friends.
NO, there would be no dating, sorry to disappoint Lacie.

Well, my mom is way too busy to help me and so I am giving my idea to anyone out there that would like to take it so here it is:

The blog would be a one-stop station for alerting all DWB members of a lost or missing fury with a picture, BUT with a twist.
Each blogger, (whether DWB member or not, cuz we gots cats and hamster friends too)
sends links to websites categorized by State, Country or Area that is easy to click
on, so we can all help keep our eyes open.

I know there is easy sites to search, but there are also Rescue groups, Humane Societies, Animal Shelters, and places where people can place ads....

So for Example:
I, come up missing!
Kansas is a big state ya know.
Someone in New York wouldn't have a clue as to where to start looking, right?
Then the Furry Friend in New York, feels helpless.
So, my mum would go to this "Blog", post an urgent with my photo along with links to all the rescue groups, newspapers, shelters, etc for our area and in turn whoever
is responsible for the blog, will inturn give the link back to the blog to all the rescue groups, etc so they can check it to see if there is a MATCH.
PLUS, there are the links right there for everyone to just click on, instead of wasting precious time searching the internet for places to search.....

I know, I dream big!...but, maybe someone can take my idea and make it better or would have time to run a blog like this.

I wish I had a superdog cape, like Super dog....but I don't.

Deetzy

26 comments:

Princess Patches said...

That's a great idea, Deetzy! We wish our mom had the time to do it, but we can't even get her to do a post on OUR blog! She stays busy constantly! We hope somebody has the time to run with your idea! There are soooo many furkids in need!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy...

That's such a great idea...There are sooo many of our fur friends that need help...

I wish my Mom was able to do it, but she works such crazy hours, she wouldn't be able to do it the way it should be done...

It's such a great idea, I hope someone is able to make it happen...

You always watch out for all of us & try to help in any way you can...

We Love You...

Abby xxxooo

Lacy said...

w00fs, p-awsome idea, deetzy..i no how hopeless we feeled when Charlotte went missing... mama cood prolly help, but with our bloggie and her doing the news, she cant just b the only one...fix it kinda like an amber alert, but for dogs, kinda set up like the news is (on the side bar) ..what do u think about that idea..

b safe,
~rocky~

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think that is a great idea! You really are Super Deetz! I wonder how it could be done? I know my mom does not have time cuz she works so much. Thinking caps, thinkins caps! Maybe once you build that barn your mum mentioned yesterday, that could be the Headquarters?
--JB

the many Bs said...

you're a smart doggy, Deetz! we think your idea is pawsome. what we need is a human who has the knowledge and time to do something like this!

wofos.

Dexter said...

Oh little Deetz! That is a super idea, but sounds like tons of work for some hearty soul. Maybe there is such a one in bloggy land.

Slobbers,
Mango

Eric said...

Fab idea Deetz, wish you did have a cape...

Wiry wags n kissies, Eric xx

Asta said...

Deetzy
Like evewyone else I think it's a tewwific idea, but Mommi can't take it on eithew..whole lot of good we awe, huh? I'm sowwy Deetzy, but Mommi is still twying to help ouw vewy sick fwiend..I'm cwossing all my paws and pwaying that someone can do it and that all ouw fwinds who need help can get it.
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Pedro said...

Deetz,

That really is a good idea. I think we could use some of the message boards on DWB maybe. My mom says she wishes she knew more about web sites and the mechanics of them. Maybe one of your readers will.

Pedro

Lorenza said...

Pawesome idea!
I am sure someone is going to take it and put it to work!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

That is a great idea indeed Deetz! We love the idea too, but Mom doesn't have the expertise to pull this off just yet =( We're crossing fingers and paws for whoever who will take on this fabulous idea!

Scottie

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey matie,
You've come up with a pawesome idea. Hopefully someone can take it on. Paws crossed ay!

tailwags
Noah

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

This is a pawtastic idea. Mama would be willing to try to do this but she cannot do this alone because of going to school and working full time. Would someone be willing to work with Mama to make this happen?

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Deefor said...

Hi Deetzie
That sounds like a really good idea. It would be great to have a place like that. Sometimes people don't want to give lost doggies back. I always worry about Charlotte and I hope she is ok where ever she is.

Deefor

Tee said...

Hello Deetzy,

Sounds like a great idea ... we have a lost doggy with us but we're all the way in malaysia and have no clue who the owner is ... inspite of reporting him missing to the authorities.

Licks and wags

Tuffy and the Dog WOods Pack

Duke said...

That's a great idea, Deetz! Our paws are crossed that someone steps forward to start the ball rolling!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Hana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hana said...

Hi Deetz,
Scratch what I wrote earlier. (okay, I deleted it already) I had the wrong service. Let me start over!

Check out Find Toto! It is a service where you pay an amount so that Find Toto calls all the people in the radius ( you choose the radius and pay accordingly) to alert them a pet is missing. Our online friend's puppy escaped and a bunch of us chipped in to pay for the service. It made us feel like we were helping from all across the USA.

I already alerted Bear's Mom about it but at least right now she knows Bear's whereabouts.

Joe Stains said...

We think this is a great idea!!

River said...

Great idea!

love & wags,
River

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a great idea!

Maybe we khan use the DWB forum?

Make a lost pet thread/etc?

Right now, Mom's head is toooooooooooooo skhrambled to be of much help BUT once Laska is lokhated maybe something khan be khoordinated!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Sorry fur the tardy visit - we are still making our way through the bakhklog!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Oh no I can't afford to have you missing, Deetz!
Ooops, is it just an example to show us how to help a missing pet? Phew!
I think that's a super pawsome idea, you're smart, buddy!

Princess Patches said...

Deetzy, did you hear? Laska the Siberian has been found! He's home!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Amber-Mae said...

I actually think that's a good idea but we now have two blogs & PUPPIES to take care of! It'll be hard for us. Btw, Laska is back home!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Momma

Moco said...

You are a super dog to come up with such a great plan.

Duke said...

Mom's calendar says that today is your birthday, Deetz! We wish you the happiest birthday ever with lots of treats and hugs and ice cream!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"