NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Friday's Storm

Look what came rolling over the top of our house Friday night.
My mum hates storms and freaks out.

She called all the neighbors in a frantic.
One neighbor asked her if she had drinks and crackers in the cellar
for him and cushioned seating....
They all came over, not because they were scared..but because mum was
freakin out.
It was very nice of them to come and sit with her while it
rained and thundered.
She said, next time she will have drinks and crackers for them for sure.







Hope your weekend was frantic free.

Also, I have new visitor and potential friends called Benson and Gibson, and I tried to go and see their bloggie, but was unable too. Does anyone know them cuz I would like to be their friends, or, if you are Benson and Gibson, please leave me your link...Nice to meeta you

Deetzy

34 comments:

The Airechicks said...

Deetz - Sharkie:

Sky was pretty dark...very nice of the folks to comeover and be there for your Mom....

Make sure she put D&S treats on the list for the cellar.....

XXoooXXooXXXoo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

http://thoughtsfurpaws.com/ is the link fur The Handsome Golden Brofurs!

WOW - I bet Ammy would have loved to see those khlouds!

Please make sure woo keep your mom safe!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Jans Funny Farm said...

Noisy storms are not fun. Your mom was brave to call a storm party. Just no way to plan a menu for them ahead of time. Wonder why your mom didn't sit down with you and Sharkie.

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy...

Wow...Those clouds are scary looking...

I don't like loud storms, either...
Most of our's aren't as scary as your's, though...

Once in awhile, my Mom freaks out when the Weather Channel starts that Warning Severe Weather thing...

I'm glad you had some friends come over to help you thru it...

I don't know Benson & Gibson...

Abby xxxooo

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oooh, that looks scary! I am glad you are ok. Did your mum have enough snackies for you? It is ok if the humans did not have drinks and crackers, but I sure hope you did not have to do without snackies!
I don't know Benson and Gibson....sorry.
--JB

Gus said...

hehehe...tell your mama that our storm room is also our wine cellar! She can come here if she gets really scared. You come too. We gots dog cookies in there

gussie n teka

Eduardo said...

OMD, I'm so sorry that that mean strom freaked your Mommy out. I'm glad it's gone now!
Hugs & Snugs,
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Pedro said...

Deetz,

Your mom and Ziggy would be frantic together but if I was there I'd protect them. I'm not afraid of any stinkin storm! I am a tough chihuahua! I bet Gizmo was tough too right?

Pedro

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

WAsn't Friday night just so scary? We had wind and scary clouds, and lots and lots of rain, but nothing real bad. It could have been a lot worse. Hope your storms weren't too bad either.

Woos, the OP Pack

Lacy said...

w00fs, me mama not like storms either, but we not has storms like u does out there..

b safe,
~rocky~

Astrid Keel said...

My momster doesn't much like storms either, so it's my job to protect-a-fus her! It was nice of your neighbors to come over. Hope the weather settles down!!

Asta said...

Deetzy
That looks like a fiewce stowm. thank dog fow good fwiends and neighbows
smoochie kisses
ASTA.
I don't have theiw link..good luck, I hope you find them

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

That's very nice of your neighbors to come and sit with your Mom! The storm looks scary from the photos...you're really cool to not be scared of it. I think I would freak out worse than your Mom if I was there...>.<"

Benson & Gibson came to visit me too! Mom did a little Google search, and I THINK this is their blog: Click hereScottie

Huskee and Hershey said...

Deetzy/ Sharkie,
Oh my.. that looks like one fierce storm.. no wonder your mom freaked out!! We would too!! It's great that you have such good neighbours who went over to keep your mom company!!

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Deetzy & Sharkie!
That sky looks very scary! Good thing people came and sit with your mom. Take care of her, guys!

xoxo,
Thor

Anonymous said...

Heya deetzie and Sharkie,
Those is ominus looking storm clouds. We're glad that the neighbor people came over to provide some support. Scary things are better with company. It's a good thing to help out your neighbors.
- TBH

Lorenza said...

Sounds scary!
glad your neighbors came to make your mom company!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Oh Deetzy, I'm so sorry there was such a scary storm - I'm glad you're all okay. It sounds a lot of nice neighbors.

See ya!
Joey

L said...

That's sure a scary looking storm. We hate thunder and lightning. Unfortunately, that's what it is doing right now at our house. Our girl is getting cranky with us because we are pacing and barking at every little noise.

The Black and Tans. said...

Golly Deetz, the sky was so black it looked like the end of the world was coming!!!

A storm party certainly was an excellent idea to distract your Mum.

Molly and Taffy

Dexter said...

My auntie lives in South Dakota and sometimes the sky is scary there too. I know my mom would totally freak if she saw that. I hope you were able to make mom feel better.

Slobbers,
Mango

the many Bs said...

we know Benson & Gibson. they are at thoughts fur paws. the link is on our sidebar.

we're sorry that your mom is so scardey of storms. we would be too. we're glad the nice neighbors came over to take care of her.

woofs.

Agatha and Archie said...

WHEW that looked way to creepy a storm for us...We are right there with your Mom..Love A+A

Moco said...

That looks like it could be a very bad storm. Tell your mom to stock up on drinkies, crackers, cheese and dog treats.

Noah the Airedale said...

G'day Deetz
Sorry your mum got such a fright during the storm. We dont like them much either.
We did have a stress free weekend but this morning wasnt stress free, thats for sure!!!!!

Noah x

Duke said...

That is one angry looking sky! So crackers and drinks will do it, huh, Deetz? I hate thunderstorms! What kind of a drink should I order? Saltine crackers or Ritz? I need to get this right!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Princess Patches said...

That is one mean looking storm, Deetzy! We're glad you were all safe! Since it IS springtime, you might want to stock up on things like twinkies, potato chips, crackers and such necessary items for storms. Oh, yeah...and lots of doggie treats too!

Stay safe!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Rambo said...

Deetz,
yes...I need a key to escaped from this hell hole. Are you gonna bring it? Do you know where Walnut, CA is?? Please hurry.
Rambo....from the Pets Prison

Joe Stains said...

Our Mom hates storms too and we are lucky to not have bad ones here. I am not really a fan eitehr.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Deetz, today is my birthday and my mom almost forgot. I wanted to run away at first, but then I got scared, so I didn't. Do you want to share some fishy flakes with me for my birthday? Maybe you'll like fish one day if you try it more often?
--JB

Eric said...

Crickey that looks really scary but how kind of the neighbours to look after Mom. Bet you and Sharkey did too.

Wiry wags n kissies Eric xxx

i said...

That looks pretty scary. Glad you and your mom had the neighbours over for company.

Suzuki said...

Hi Deetzy!
I'm just stopping by to let you know that Scooby & Lady have set a date fur their wedding. Stop by my blog to see how to RSVP if you would like to attend.
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Amber-Mae said...

Holy Crazy Yikes!!! That sky looks sooo sooo scawie It looks like it could suck anything into the sky! You guys stay safe okay. We hope it's nothing serious like Tornado or what...

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Dancer + Puppies

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"