NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We Interrupt this Broadcast......Flooding!!!

It is flooding where we live in Belle Plaine, Kansas.
The water is not close to our home yet, but my mum is late getting home
because all the roads are closed to our house.
She had to drive around barricades just to come and rescue Sharkie and I.
We weren't in any danger, but my mum is so dramatic sometimes.

When mum finally got home (she had to detour for-like EVER)...
we went to look at the river...
I got to sit up front with mum.


I had to sit in the backseat, which is a bunch of crap....
I can't see a thing back here!!!
Sharkie

Here are some photo's my neighbor friend, Brandy, took:


If you enlarge the above picture, you will see vehicles almost under water.
They should make cars that float, would save alot of detouring, don't ya think?


This is the bridge my mum drives over to get home sometimes.
Yesterday morning my mum took this road to get to work and drove threw
part of the river that was running across the road and then realized she
couldn't get through another part that was rushing across the road.
She remembered the saying "Don't Drown, Turn Around"....
so she turned around and had to drive back through the flooded part she had just drove threw.
She should have remembered that saying BEFORE driving through it the first time.
Humans!!!!


This picture was taken down the street about two miles.

Below are pictures my mum took of the river:










We are supposed to get rain for the next several days.
Hopefully my mum gets stranded at home and not the other way around.
I know my mum...she will do whatever she has too in order to make sure
I get my snackie maximum for the day....
even if she has to drive through someone else's pasture and swirve
around to miss a thousand cows and their lil babies, and
knock down fences and stuff.... (my mum is so dramatic)
Don't tell her I told you that though...
means less snackies for me!!!

Be back soon!!!!
Deetzy

I wonder where my new bear toys is?
Be back soon
Sharkie

32 comments:

Digsby Mac Feegle said...

Tell your mom to be Safe! High and Dry is more important than snackies! I know it’s hard to believe but that milk bone is hard to enjoy when you’re doggie-paddling across a cold muddy river.
Sorry you had to sit in the back seat, that is super Lame.

Pedro said...

OMD that is alot of brown water! So scary! I hope the rain stops for you soon. Stay away from that river and tell your mom to stay home with you!

Pedro

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Deetzy, I can only see one of your pictures.....maybe blogger ate the rest. How scary for you, but as long as your mum knows snackies are the #1 thing, then I think you will be ok!
--JB

Lacy said...

w00f's Pups, please tell ur mama to b very careful going through that water..it b really dangerous..me hopes it quits raining soon..

b safe,
~rocky~

Faya said...

Please be careful....you and your Mom....I you won't have treats 1 or days it is not important...having your Mom home and safe is more important...
Kisses, Faya

the many Bs said...

hey Deetzy and Sharkie, that flooding looks really scary. we hope your mom won't get stranded away from home. and we hope your house and dog kennel doesn't flood. please stay safe, okay? we will worry about you.

woofs.

Gus said...

OMD, that is a large amount of water near your home. You must all be careful and also do what your mom says.

gussie

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz and Sharkie -

That is a LOT of water - we hope it stops raining for you soon.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Niamh said...

Stay safe and dry guys. Don't let your mom drive in all that bad weather. Hope the rain stops soon. You can send some of it here-we could use some!

Your friend,
NIamh

Noah the Airedale said...

Geez matie, the flooding looks really bad. Best that your mum stays home with you guys.
What is the name of the river that burst its banks?

Hopefully the rain will stop soon.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Joe Stains said...

omdog that looks perfectly frightening!? Maybe she can take you and Sharkie to work?? My Mom would be super dramatic in that case also!!

Amber-Mae said...

Woah, the flooding looks pretty bad! We hope it does not get any worse. You guys stay safe ok?

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Dancer

Asta said...

Deawest Deetzy and Sharkie
That is tewwible..I'm just glad that you awe safe..I hope youw Mom stays home wif you..I would wowwy less that way.I will pway that no one gets huwt wif all those floodses.
Thank you fow youw sweetness to my Mommi. You always help
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Anonymous said...

Hope the waters won't reach your house!! Tell your Mom to to extra vigilant when she drives.
Take care,
Josh and Jess

Eric said...

Detzy. pretend you sickies so Mom stays at home with you. That water looks scarey. Hope it doesn't get any worse. Thats a lot of weird weather going on. Be careful you and your leggededs.

Wiry wags n kissies, Eric xx

Duke said...

OMG, be careful, guys! This is scary stuff! Our paws are crossed that the rain stops NOW! Stay safe!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lucia said...

Ciao belli Deetzy and Sharkie!

Santo fumo! It looks like you've had more than enough rain in your town! Please do whatever you have to do to keep your mama from driving around too much (I think pulling the old sore-leggy trick would be worth a try!) and you and Sharkie stay safe, too.

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Dexter said...

Your mom is smart and cool headed I must say. My heart was racing just looking at those photos. I am glad we are up high.

Slobbers,
Mango

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sharkie, you tell your Mom to be careful. She isn't supposed to drive through that kind of water, she could get in serious trouble. we had no idea the flooding was that bad. We are really tired of the rain. Today was such a glorious day here but we are hearing all those rain reports too for the next several days. Take care and stay safe.

Woos, the OP Pack

Anonymous said...

Heya Deetz and Sharkie,
Now we know you midwesterners have seen it all weather wise, but our dad says to tell your mom that familiarity breed contempt. If she continues to drive into high water where she can't see the road, someday there may be only water and no road. Don't drown, turn around is a good saying, but so is "if ya can't see the street ya better beat feet. All of youse guys BE CAREFUL and STAY SAFE or we'll have to send Max, or even worse, Shiloh, the big Landseer water dogs out to Kansas to watch out for you and they eat a LOT so say goodbye snackies. Hopefully the water will recede just like our dad's hairline has.
- TBH

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
It looks scary!
Please tell your mom to be careful!
I hope you all are going to be ok!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

Be careful. That water can be very dangerous. Tell mom to stay home and give you extra snacks.

i said...

Stay safe and dry now. Hope the flood subsides soon!

The Black and Tans. said...

We do hope the rain has stoppped and the floods do not go near your home Deetz.

Keep your paws dry.

Molly and Taffy

Snowball said...

The flood sure look scary. I hope it will not cause any damage to any hoomans or their properties. Stay safe.

I will pray to mother nature to tell her that she can let us have some rain here cos its really hot and we can make do with having more rain here.

Luv
Snowball

Anonymous said...

Hi Deetz and Sharkie in the backseat! Oh, please stay safe. That's a lot of water and it looks dangerous! I hope the flooding goes down soon.

See ya!
Joey

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Dears Deetz and Sharkie, This is a terrible how do you do.You guys stay safe and be ready to evacuate if you have to. This is really scarey stuff.Take good care of your mommy so she doesn't attempt any more bridge crossings 'til the waters go back down.
XOXO-BabyRD & Hootie

i said...

Deetzy, I don't like celery too. At one time LS thought she could trick me into not pestering her for human food after offering me a few rounds of celery. Ha! I know better!

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy...

I've been away for a few days & I came back to see you have a flood going on there...

I hope the water went down for you...

Did you find your Bear Toy??

Abby xxxooo

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz and Sharkie -

It is starting to rain here. And it may rain all weekend. Mama is not happy because she is getting a migraine headache.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Oh My Dog!!! We are so far behind and there you are up there nearly drowning! We sure hope your house stays safe and you and your humans!! Be careful!! We have missed you!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Kimberly said...

WOW.. WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT THE WEATHER MAKES RIVERS HAPPEN???

HOLY WOOF STICKS..
BELL

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"