NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Emergency room visit

Hello Everyone, this is Deetz's mum. Deetz got extremely sick Saturday and started acting like he was choking and couldn't breathe after eating a busy bone. I rushed him to the emergency vets and he had a lump in his neck which warranted them putting him under and going in with a scope.
Thirty minutes later the doctor said that there was no obstruction BUT, his tonsils where extremely enlarged and that he was sick with an upper respiratory virus. The doctor said that he probably picked it up when he was in for his neuter surgery.
I brought Deetz home with a bag of medicine for him and everytime he would act like is was going to choke, he would run to me and want me to hold him. He has not left my side. He was weasing really bad Saturday night and I was so worried about him.

I am glad to report that Deetz is no longer weasing and he is eating well and resting alot today (sunday). He seems to be feeling better but still stickin close to his momma.

The new puppies name is "Shark" and he is 8 weeks old. He loves Deetz as much as I do and Deetz has been very caring and protective of his new brother, he even shared his rawhide bone.

Oh, and Deetz didn't get to wear a cone after his neuter. He was quite dissapointed. The vets at the emergency room just adored him and commented at how sweet he was and what a good boy he is.

Deetz will be by to see you all very soon.

Carol (posted for Deetz)

37 comments:

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh no, poor little guy. It sounds like a very worrying time. We're so glad he is on the improve. Please give Deetze lots of hugs from all of us down under....muaaahhhhhh

Noah Willow Tess Lucy and their pinky D x

Snowball said...

I got a shock when I read the title of your post. I am glad that Deetzy boy has recovered.

Shark is a perfect name for a land shark but he will no longer be one once he had grown up. Are you sure tou didn't want to use the name Shark to be his baby name only?

Luv
Snowball

Harry said...

Oh, poor Deetz, and poor you, that must have been really scary. Hopefully the meds will soon do their job.

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Oh - poor Deetzy - what a horrible scary experience for you both.
Do hope the drugs work asap.

Love, pats & pets
Blue

Princess Patches said...

Poor, poor Deetzy! We sure hope you are feeling all better by now! What a horrible thing to go through...especially right after the nard-ectomy! Take good care of Shark! He sure is a cutie!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Moco said...

Oh, thank dog. we are glad that Deetz is Ok and can get on to training his younger brother. We all knew he was a sweetheart now the vet knows also.

Duke said...

Thank doG you're okay, Deetz! You gave us a real scare! We hope you feel 100% soon so you can play with Shark!
Guess what? Our mom is coming home in a few hours! yipppeeeeeeee

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a skhary post to read this early in the morning!

I'm SOOOOO furry glad to see he's doing better!

I khan't wait to see more pikhs of Shark and hear about him!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I hope Deetzy Boy's mom is still doing well?!?

The Musketeers said...

Oh Deetz ! Hope you get well soon ! Our heart skipped a beat when we saw your title ! Update us alright !

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh no!!!! Deetz! Are you ok? I am worried about you! Please take your medicine and get well soon!
Uh, I thought the new doggie's name was Fuzz??
--JB

Gus said...

Oh My! We are glad Deetzy is OK, and are looking forward to Shark pictures.

gus

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy & Carol...

My & my Mom are sooo sorry about all then things you have been going thru lately...

We think about you everyday...

Deetzy: We're glad you are feeling better...You must have been sooo scared, but you did the right thing by letting your Mom know right away...

We can't wait to hear more about Shark...I know you are gonna be the best big brother ever...

Me & my Mom are sending our love & thoughts & prayer to you...& I'm sending lots of Good Lhasa Vibes your way...

Abby xxxooo

Toffee said...

Deetzy!

So glad that you are starting to feel better! Oh you poor baby!

Big hugs.
Toffee and toffee's mom

Amber-Mae said...

How scawie! The last time I was rushed to the ER was when I ate a chew & had the same symptoms as Deetz. When the vet checked me, he found nothing. I just gave my hoomans a big scare! Well, I am glad to hear he is okay now. The medication sure is working well. Shark? Hehehe! He must be a feisty one eh?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

River said...

Deetz! We're thinking about you and hoping you feel good real soon. We're anxious to see pictures of Shark!

love & wags,
River

Hero said...

I'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel better already. It's a good thing that your mom was so quick about getting you to the ER. Your new brother is adorable! I'm sure you're going to be a great big brother.

Asta said...

Deetz
How awful..that must have been vewy scawy fow you and youw Mom too..Thank dog you'we bettew!!!
Pleez stay well and wawm.

Congwatulations on youw new bwuvvew..I just saw his pictoowe , what a cutie..I hope you have loads of fun togethew
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Faya said...

Oh my poor Deetz.... give him a lot of kisses from me and Dyos please..please....I hope he will be able to tell us everything about this realy soon...
Kisses, Faya & Dyos

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Oh noes!!! We hope Deetzy is 100% better (and you too Carol!!) Tell Deetz he did not miss a thing but aggravation by not having an E collar!! UGH!
Your new baby is sooo cute!
Aaaanndd Mom says she hopes we will be back to regular blogging and commenting soon(she also said HBO word knees!)
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter
Sunny&Scooter

Bogart H. Devil said...

Sending lots of love and Big Aire Kisses to ya Deetzy...

Hope you're doing well :)

Love,
Bogart

The Animal Doctor said...

hello deetzy's mom,
our secretary got so scared reading the first part of your post. we all got scared that something bad happened to deetzy.
we're glad he is getting better. please tell him that we love him.

love, trudis

Unknown said...

Whew. we were really really worried. Keep getting better - take care of yourself!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
I hope you feel better now!
Sounds like you had a scary episode! Take your meds and you will be like new in no time!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bae Bae said...

Oh.. I hope Deetz is better today... Get better soon Deetz. I bet your brother Shark miss playing with you too

~ Bae

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz and Carol -

We were a little nervous reading about Deetz's scare.

Mama is especially relieved that the new dog's name is not Hershey. She thinks two Hersheys are enough especially when I (Hershey) have been on a destructive streak. I took both wings and feet off my duck.

We miss you all.

Love -

Hershey, Kaci and Mama

Fenway said...

I am heartbroken to hear about your close call, my friend Deetz. Ms. Alpha is asthmatic and remembers getting as sick as you did when she was a child. It's very dangerous and scary when you wheeze and can't breathe.

The moral of the story is that I have to be a Good Boy and Be Have so that I can keep my cojones. Now I'm scared straight and will do anything to avoid that neutering surgery!

Amber said...

Aw, Poor Deetz, sending him lot's of licks. I'm glad to hear Deetz is feeling better too :)

big licks from
Amber!!

Pedro said...

Oh Deetz! I hope you feel better soon. Come visit me buddy! I miss you :P

Pedro

Lacy said...

w00f's Deetz, me shure glad u iz feelimg some better..u skeered me..Deetz has always been a pawsome brudder and he will b to "sharkie" too..

b safe,
~rocky~

Sweepy said...

Woofy scare, is what!
I'm glad Deetzy and mumsy is OK.
What a doggy relief!
I got sooo scared, I think I need a hug and something to chew on . . .

. . . Hey Keeper!!!!
Bring us something warm and cuddly here!!! Oh, they're still cuddling at Bolo's. What saps!

Deetzy, I'll pray you and your Mom will be OK and that your Holidays will be fun, safe and pain-free. . .

Chef said...

Wow! How scary, Deetz. I'm sure glad you're ok now. What a cute little brother Shark is!

Sending you big hugs.

xoxo
Chef

Joe Stains said...

Oh NO how scary!!!! I am so so glad you are feeling better and NO CONE! I can't wait to hear more about SHARK!

Deefor said...

That sounds very very bad. I hope Deetz is all better soon. Good that the vet was there. How nice of Deetz to share his stuff with Shark. Maybe I should be nicer to Arrow.

Deefor

Niamh said...

I am glad that you are on the road to recovery Deetz. Sounds very upsetting but I'm glad your mom took such good care of you.

I love the name Shark. Hope you can have fun with your little brother now that you are feeling better.

Your friend,
Niamh

Tesla said...

Hi Deetz!
sending prayers and good thoughts your way.
Buddy, Pongo, I are glad to hear you're feeling better!

austin

Eduardo said...

Where was I when all of this happened? Dang it! I don't usually check blogs on the weekend! I'm so sorry this happened! Dang that nards-go-byebye surgery!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Lindsay said...

Oh, Deetz! We're so glad to hear that you're okay! So stay safe, buddy!

(And no more running away!)

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"