NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Spiders

It's been forever since I was able to post.

I miss each and everyone of you.

Now, WORD of WARNING!!! The Photo's below may be disturbing to some!!!!!!

We have large spiders in our home.
It is getting cold outside and they are wanting to get warm in our house.

Mum hates spiders. This morning she found this in the bathroom!






Look! He is almost as big as a square tile.




Personally, I think I am going to name him Hairy
and see if he wants to play ball with me..... if mum will ever let him out of the sandwich baggie.

Deetzy

46 comments:

Eduardo said...

I'm sorry Deetzy I couldn't read your post I had to jump down to the comment button. My Mommy has a terrible fear of spiders & the sight of them make her sream & claw her skin(Not all pics but your close ups were getting her a squirmin'). When she finally get the courage up to get close enough to kill one, she has to let out something that Daddy calls her "battle cry" before she finally smashes the poor creature till its dead & then until it's dust(just to make sure). My Mommy one had a spider jump on her & she had such a horrible 'fit' that she had to be taken to the hospital to be treated, she had clawed herself real bad! Dad says sometimes its no joke when someone is scared! I hope nobody who loves spiders reads this comment! But Mommy just doesn't want them to live in our apartment. Wrote a novel again Deetzy! Do you think Booker's Mommy is going to blog again? I miss her blogging! maybe we should do something?
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Humans khan be soooo silly sometimes!

Meeshka's mom shared THIS one with the other SMS mom's today - Huffle had warned us about the BIG honkin' spiders in Australia -

This one WINS!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24540399-5009760,00.html

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hiya Deetzy! Our mom hates those big old honkers too. They (and those mice that are startig to try to come in) need to stay outside!!
Good luck with all the critters starting to move in!!
Hugs & Hi 5s
Sunny & Scooter
pee ess We gave you the ladybug hugs award several days ago. we figured your mom has been so busy, she might have missed it.
Have a great weekend, buddy!!

Willow the Black Dale said...

Way cool spiders!!! How long before she lets you play with them?
If she doesn't.....maybe we can feed them to my big lizards we have here at our house! The biggest ones is Galaxy and he would love it!!!
Glad your back.
love,
Willow

Gus said...

Me n Teka only take charge of the mice and other rodents. We don't do spiders. eeeeeuw. Your mum is brave.

kisses
Gussie

Moco said...

Maybe he was just coming in to be part of your Halloween decorations. Do you decorate your bathroom?
Glad to have you blogging again. We understand how hard it is to keep up sometimes. We enjoy it when ever you are able to do it.

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey Deetz, D is arachnophobic so thanks for the warning. We could still manage to look at the pics though. We have some huge spiders here in Oz and some that are pretty deadly.
It's getting warm down here so the icky funnel webs will start making an appearance soon...they're the worse spider of all.

tailwags
Noah x

Discover with Dagwood said...

YIKES!!! it's a biggin!!!

Duke said...

oooooooooooo, those are the ones that move at lightning speed! Mom tries to stomp on them and they get away - she screams and Mitch races to the corner to look for mousies! It's a joke at our house! When mom screams, Mitch flies into action! Both of them are mental! I'm the only "normal" one of the bunch!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Hero said...

I know if my mom found that in her bathroom she'd scream like a little sissy girl.

Tenkiller Airedales said...

Deetz!!! You're back.... woohoo. Tell your mum that we'll take individuql pictures of the babes for you.... Be watching.... we think she is looking at Ginger the black and tan female..

Aireslaps,
Blu Loo Loo who is NOW running the show

the many Bs said...

hi Deetzy, that is one huge spider. your mom is very brave for trapping him in that bag. is she going to relocate him to someplace far away? maybe you can chase him a little bit first. he looks kinda scary though.

woofs.

Lacy said...

w00f's Deetzy, wow, dats a big un...u mom must b very brave to try to git rid of it...my mama wood holler fur daddy...she's chicken..

b safe,
~rocky~

Niamh said...

Good Grief Deetz! What are you feeding the spiders in you house that they get so big?? Fortunately, while we have a lot of spiders around here, none are quite that enormous. You are very brave.

Your friend,
Niamh

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy...

That's a really big spider...

How did you get him in the baggie??

And, what are you gonna do with him now??

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
Spiders are scary... no matter the size... and that one sure is BIG!
Spiders and roaches are my mom's nightmare!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

What a humongus spider! Yikes! Mama would not like to see a spider that big - she's not afraid of them just does not like them.

We hope you all are doing well. We miss you.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Faya said...

Oups .... I don't know what happend. Véronique open your blog....said something like : iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhh and disapeared.....
I like to play with spiders but they don't....
Kisses, Faya

Charlie Daniels said...

Oooh! A packed lunch! :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Amber-Mae said...

Glad you're back Deetz! Eeek! That spider is scawie looking & big! I think you might squash it with your ball...Hehe!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

The Musketeers said...

Yikes ! A spider ! Phew , its sure LARGE !

Happy weekend !

Lots of Loves ,
Three Musketeers

Princess Patches said...

The first thing we need to know is...how in the world did your mom get that spider into the sandwich baggie? When we lived in Arizbona, we had Wolf Spiders and they are almost as big as a real wolf! Our mom practically lived with a can of bug spray in her hand! Here, we have some pretty big ones that come out in the fall so we have one or two cans of bug killer in every room and on the deck and in the garage! We like to eat spiders when we get the chance, but that means we have to find them before Mom does!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Oh scary huge spider! I bet it scared the day light out of your mom.
Please come visit me to share my happiness, I have to shout out loud my love, I'm deeply in love, buddy!
Cheers!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I would LOVE to play with Hairy! I LOVE spiders. Does your mum need me to come over and find all his brothers in your house? I can do it....I can do it!
--JB

Toffee said...

Eeeek! I thought it was a halloween decoration! no! not REAL spiders...I need Eric to save me!!...

Bogart H. Devil said...

Those are HUGE, mama is kind of scared (but kind of fascinated too) just looking at the pictures!

Love,
Bogart

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi Deetzy, what a big spider, is it poisonous?
My mummy hates ALL spiders, I don't mind the smaller ones tho.

Hope you had a great weekend
Lickz
Gizmo 2nd

Abby said...

Hi, Deetzy...

I gave you an Award...I thought about you right away when I got it, cuz it's a Butterfly & I knew you would like it...

That, & you a such a special friend to me...

Please stop by & pick it up when you get a minute...

Abby xxxooo

Snowy and Crystal said...

eeek...we had to skip the pictures

thanks for the warning pal

shoo spider..shoo

Maltese Paws

Agatha and Archie said...

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..we have NEVER seen one that big!!(and of course Archie fainted ) Ours are these itty bitty things...It loooks like a tarantula!!! PL2 would NOT do well with that AT ALL!!! Love A+A

The Black and Tans. said...

Umm thanks for the warning on that one Deetz. We had to put our paws over the screen so our hooman didn't see it.

Molly and Taffy

Joe Stains said...

omdog if my dad saw that he would scream like a girl and run for his life!!!

Dexter said...

EEEK! Momma has what you call the bug phobics. She said that bug is just way too big.

Slobbers,
Mango

Snowball said...

That is a really huge spider. I won't want to play with it if I am you.

Luv
Snowball

River said...

Wow! That's almost as big as Graham. I wonder if it would play a good game of tug? My mom would squash that sucker before we could find out though.

love & wags,
River

Pedro said...

Deetz,

Argh!! That is one ugle spider. I'd probably hunt and kill it. My mom on the other hand would trap and release it outside cause she can't kill things. She's a bit of a wimp. Leah would scream her head off and run for the hills!

Pedro

L said...

Wow, that's a huge spider. If your mom wants, I can send Comet to your house. He loves to attack spiders and crickets (and lizards, and bees, and birds, and leaves, and ...well...anything that moves)

BLU

Huskee and Hershey said...

YIKES!! That is one HUGE spidey!!

Fenway said...

Congrats Deetzy on being the Blog of the Month. I heartily concur with the choice and you have a most delicious bloggie.

About these spiders...and pumpkin things....and all the squirrels that come to nibble on the pumpkins—I am having a really hard time understanding what's going on since I am a puppy. Also, why are all the leaves falling and the air is getting wonderfully cooler?

You good pal,
Fenway

Rambo said...

Deetz,
why is that spidey in a bag? Is your Mom gonna take him to lunch? Me and the Midget like spiders, but G-Mom does not. When she sees one, she screams so loud it makes your blood curdle. he he
Ram

Chef said...

Deetz, your Mama is very brave. How did she get it in the baggie? My Mama screams like a big baby when she sees huge bugs in the house. She'd never be able to capture it like that!

xox
Chef

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Omigosh! That spider is creepy! o.O" I don't know how Mom would react to it if she ever saw one...she's freaked out about spiders too...>.<" How did your Mom manage to get Hairy into the sandwich baggie? She sure is one brave lady...=)

Scottie

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Ahhhh.. I think that spider is as big as me.. Are you really going to keep Hairy?

~ Girl girl

Harry said...

I'll send Cassidy over if you like -she loves eating spiders!

Toodle pip
Harry x

Hoop said...

where do you live to get them that big?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I looooove spiders! They are so nice and tasty :) I go hunting for them on the veranda and when I catch one I proudly show them to my Ma... in my mouth with the feet hanging out. For some reason it grosses her out!

Jessie

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"