NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The butterfly


Last night mum and I went and sat outside to just chill she said.
Mum said we were going to wait for a sign that Gizmo made it safely across, cuz there is always a sign if you look close enough.

Then all of the sudden out of know where a big beautiful butterfly landed ontop of gizmo's grave.
I ran over there to say "Hello, lil man".
It sat there for awhile and spread'd its wings really wide.
It was a brown and tan and had lil blue round dots.
Mum's camera doesn't zoom very good so you can't see it very well.

Then it flew up into the tree above his grave and just sat there.
Can you see it? Its right there in the middle.
It is very good at blending in with the tree.
You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it, mum had too do that.


Mum explained the Bridge to me afterwards and talked about angels amoung us and all around the world who are sending there love our way.

I kinda understand the Bridge now and why so many want to go there.
I told my mum thats probably why us dogs dig holes all the time in the ground, cuz we are looking for our friends to say, "Hello", since the Bridge and all our friends are under there.
Mum patted me on the head and whispered in my ear...wanna know what she said?
Well, I tell you.
She said "Deetzy, Never lose your innocence or your sense of humor".

No Worries, mum.....No worries.

Deetzy Boy

52 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Deetzy -

Mom is leaking again -

How khan I make her stop it???

Yes, Princess Eva and Handsome Brice's nice momma always says to look fur the signs they've made it - Tasha sent them one too!

Sending a big THURSDAY hug to Kansas - khan woo share it with your mom?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Ah, Deetz. This is a great post. I opened the picture and could see the butterfly. Your mum did a good job explaining the Bridge to you. I sure hope Gizmo will meet my sister Taffy at the Bridge. I have been missing her for two years now. It has gotten easier with time, and it will for you and your mum too.
--JB
Pee Ess: I have to admit, that when I saw the title of your post, and then saw the first picture of you........I thought the butterfly was your ears! Stay silly, ok? It will help your mum right now.

Tenkiller Airedales said...

Good morning Deetz! Okay, I confess.... I thought the butterfly was your ears too...They are so darn cute. A Butterfly! WOW Thanks for dropping by and looking at the puppies....they are cute too! You have a great day.

Aireslaps,
Apache and her tribe

The Black and Tans. said...

Oh how lovely the butterfly came and visited you. Lots of hugs to you and your Mum.

Molly and Taffy

Eduardo said...

I'm glad you got a sign that Gizmo is happy at the bridge! I'm sending lots of hugs & snugs to you & your family Deetz! What a lovely butterfly!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle
p.s. stay strong

Snowball said...

This is so touching. Gizmo must have wanted you to know that he is all well and happy over at the Rainbow Bridge.

Deetzy, your mum is so lucky to have you with her now. Please give her a kiss on my behalf.

Luv
Snowball

the many Bs said...

oh Deetz, that is so cool about the butterfly. that makes us kind of happy in a sad kind of way.

our mom told us a story about when her wonderful little birdie friend, Buddy, went to the bridge. she was having a little grave side service with some of his friends and a big flock of birds flew over them. she said it was a salute to Buddy. that was pretty cool too.

we're glad you're here, kiddo. you're a good boy and your mom is okay too.

woofs.

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Deetz...Scruffy's out diggin' in the mulch now lookin' for the Bridge...Um...nevermind...ur mom's right, Deetz...stay just as sweet as you are!!

We loved the butterfly and have never seen one that color...thank you for posting it...that post encompassed the hope we all feel...

We know you are grieving right now, but continue to send our love, prayers and support!

You are much in our thoughts...

Joyful barks (with a few tears!)...cuz that's what Gizmo wants, 'Kay Deetz?

Scruffy (how deep do I dig, Deetz?)
Lacie (my brother is sooo....)
Babystan (normal...Dales are normal.)

Lacie...define normal!

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

Just like your Mom, my Mom says she believes that when someone we love crosses over they let you know, in some way, that they are there, & safe, & at peace...

I'm sure Gizmo sent the Butterfly to let you & your Mom know...

Abby xxxooo

Pedro said...

Deetz,

I could see the butterfly! I've never seen one like that before. I surely is a sign that Gizmo is at the Bridge is happy and healthy again! What a great messenger that butterfly was :P

Pedro

The Army of Four said...

Hey Deetzy boy! We love you and your mom! Just thought you should know!
Play bows,
Zim

Niamh said...

Deetz,

I know you and your mom are very sad about Gizmo and will be for a long time. You are such a sweet boy and I am sure that you are a great comfort to her.

Your friend,
Niamh

Duke said...

You've got our mom sniffling again, Deetz! Know what? Your mom is one of the smartest people we know!
What a magnificent butterfly!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Rambo said...

Deetzy,
we zoomed in and saw the beautiful butterfly too! Isn't it cool?? You asked for a sign and you got it in the butterfly. Gizmo knows your sitting there thinking about him. No doubt.
Rambo & MM

Asta said...

Deetz
Youw Mom knows sooo much..you awe vewy lucky to have hew explain al this to you..That buttewfly was a suwe sign..Little man wanted you to know he was safe and flying fwee......It must be a bootiful place, whewe we all get to see each othew some day..don't be sad little Deetzy, stay happy and cheew youw pwecious Mom
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Moco said...

There is no doubt that butterfly was Gizmo telling you that he is fine and that you are now the one to carry on. He has complete faith in you and your ability. Remember he has taught you well.

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Deetz!

Did you know that you are fuzzy! I mean like really fuzzy! You know what would be fun to do with all that fuzz? Rolling in some mud...yea...I think that would be an awesome idea!

Then, after the mud, go roll in some dry dirt. Can you imagine all of the awesome smells that you would get to hold close to you! That would be awesome.

I'm glad you didn't eat that butterfly...I would have tried, I always like a challenge. Hehehe!

Did you name the butterfly? I think you should name it Ted!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Faya said...

Oh Deetz....Véronique is smilling again. Please tell your Mom that she is fantastic and take a good care of her. I have to watch over my Véronique because she is very sad actualy....
Kisses, faya

Snowy and Crystal said...

awww Deetzy boy, this is just one of the sweetest posts. Yes, we can see the butterfly in that second pictures (we had to enlarge it as you said) and what a beautiful butterfly it is

wet licks to you and your mommy

maltese Paws

S&C

Princess Patches said...

What a bootiful butterfly! We know Gizmo sent him to cheer up you and your mom! He can still see you, ya know! All he has to do is look in the magic water!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Unknown said...

Butterflies are a good way of coming back to visit ... we had a lovely friend (she died last year) who had lost her 7-yr-old son to cancer years ago. She said when he was dying, he told her he would come back as a butterfly and follow her everywhere. She got a butterfly tattoo to keep him close to her always. AHHHHHHHH that is a sad story, but happy too, because we believe that somewhere, sometime, we all will be together again.

Lacy said...

w0-0f's Deetz, seems not rite sumhow not sayin and Gizmo too...anyway thats a bute ti ful explaination to the bridge...my mama's daddy loved to hunt deer, and after his funeral, late at nite when they were going back home...the most bute ti ful big buck came down to the highway to say g'bye as they past by...we nos u all loved lil man, we did too..

b safe and still sad,
~rocky~

Gus said...

Oh Deetzy, your Mom is such a sweet, smart lady. We can see the butterfly, and it is beautiful. Muzzer and I are sending loving thoughts, and Teka said she will catch a toad for you if you want one.

kisses
gussie

Joe Stains said...

That is so cool Gizmo sent you a sign! How wonderful, this makes us smile.

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Deetz we believe in signs and Angels too! Mommy always says butterflies are Angel's on there way home. How wonderful Gizmo stopped to give ya'll comfort.

This computte box we are using only opens pictures sometimes so cos it is very mature as mom says we're gonna keep our paws crossed to see them soon. Oh and mommy knows she will dehydrat if she reads Gizmo's past posts right now but she promised in time... but we did catch up on DWB News and now we know why mommy won't allow us to lay in the sun too long cos she just had painful SCC removed and now only plays with us at night.

Deetzy you are exactly what your mommy needs to help her heart ~
Lots of Love Licks buddy

Suka said...

hey Deetz,

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet buddy Gizmo. I am so terribly sorry for your loss and my deepest heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. From your posts it is obvious that you all shared termendous love for the lil' guy and it is so very touching. That beautiful butterfly was an amazing sign from Gizmo that he is "alive" and well and happy and free. Our hearts break a little everytime we lose the ones we love, but it is comforting to know we will meet again.

Peace,

Suka

Anonymous said...

Deetz,
So very sorry to hear about Gizmo, Nanny has gone thru what your family is going thru and it is very hard, our love and prayers are with you all. Your Butterfly post was pawsome, take care my sweet friend and go play with your moo, moo cow, lol
hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies
Pearl

Willow the Black Dale said...

Deetzy....I love you!
Willow

Toffee said...

oh Deetzy!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today as I know that you are very busy comforting your mom and dad. I wanted to let you know that my mom actually took the picture of the clouds that was on my post today!

I loved reading that you and your mom received a sign of a beautiful butterfly! I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read this. Mom truly believes that butterflies are special. Years ago my mom's close friend's sister died suddenly of a cardiac episode - she was a teenager. On the day of her funeral a butterfly appeared on her grave - in the middle of October on a rainy day! That same friend's dog crossed the bridge last summer. Later that day a beautiful monarch butterfly appeared on the friend's shoulder...so special.

Thank you for sharing your special experience.
with love,
toffee

p.s. I am away at doggy "camp" this weekend but will still be thinking of you.

Puppy Dog Tales said...

We hope your brother will be waiting for you and your mum. Our sis thinks he was a very handsome boy.

Doggie Kisses.

The Lamb Tails Pack

Charlie Daniels said...

Beautiful :-)

Cheers

Charlie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your lil brother. This is a very sad time for you and your mom. I know the loss of Gizmo has left a big hole in your hearts and loves. He is waiting at the Bridge where he is happy and pain free.

Barklove,
Rusty

Jans Funny Farm said...

Ah, Deetz. Your mom is right.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
I am sure Gizmo sent that butterfly to let you know he got there and is safe and happy.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Thor and Jack said...

Deetzy
I am sure that beautiful butterfly is a sign that Gizmo is well and happy.
Lots of hugs to you and your family!

Thor

Casper and pals said...

We are so sorry to hear about Gizmo crossing the Bridge. We are all thinking of you and your family members - the 2 and 4 legged members.

We hope that you find some solace in knowing that Gizmo is now once again young, happy and running free at the Rainbow's Bridge.

Woofs from Casper, Buddy, Nikki, foster dog Meeko and Momma (Gwyn)

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Deetz,
That's a beautiful post... I hope Gizmo is now playing with the other pups that are at the Rainbow Bridge. I am sure my good friend T-man will take good care of him.

** hugs to you and your mom **

Asta said...

Deetzy
I have awawds fow you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

i said...

A butterfly! We've lit a candle for Gizmo at our blog. On the candle holder there are butterflies. Is it a coincidence after all? Hope you all are comforted by the butterfly. Hugs to you all.

Deefor said...

Hi Deetz
I was crying a little for Gizmo but the butterfly made me feel better. It sounds like he was very very sick but I know you miss him a lot.

Deefor

The Animal Doctor said...

hi deetzy,
i had the same experience after my japanese spitz dog died. one day, i went playing with my other dogs when a white butterfly hovered by. I couldn't believe it. I hope the little butterfly comforted you and your mom deetzy. be strong for her, okay?

- the Animal Doctor's Secretary

Snowy and Crystal said...

Hey Deetzy boy,

we wish you a great weekend :)

Maltese PAws

S&C

Noah the Airedale said...

Hey Deetzie & Deetzie mum,
How are you both doing?
We're glad you understand about the bridge now Deetzie. Now you know Gizmo is safe and in good hands with all our other maties who have crossed over. We'll see them all again some day.

tailwags
Noah

Anonymous said...

That made us all teary-eyed again, Deetzie. It was so very thoughtful of Gizmo to send you such a lovely sign that he made it safely!

Tybalt said...

Deetzy,

I just found out from JB about losing your brother Gizmo. I wanted to let you know that I am very sorry for your loss, and I am purring for you.

BenTheRotti said...

Awww Deetz, how beautiful.. it made Mum's eyes leak all over again but it was a beautiful post.
When my Grandad went to the bridge last year, Mum and Dad kept seeing a single white dove everywhere they went, they were sure it was a sign, My Mum truly believes that we get signs, it's so good to know that Gizmo arrives safely at the bridge.

Smoochies to you and your Mom,

Ben xxxxxx

Eric said...

Deetz, what a lovely post. We are all leaky again but Mom too knows butterfies are special and the one that Gizmo sent for you was such a bootiful one. I hope it gave you all some comfort. The angel you have put out for Gizmo is lovely.

Take care of your Mommy Deetz, cherish her and make her laugh - she is very special too.

Wiry wags, Eric x

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

This is a beautiful post. Unfortunately, Mama could not see the butterfly in the tree but she will try again. The rain is making her feel miserable.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

Mama just tried to find the butterfly and this time she did! Will miracles never cease.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Deetz....the butterfly was definitely a sign! Itw as such a beautiful post....my mom thought it was perfect! I'm sure Gizmo is pain free. Rest in peace Gizmo and Deetz....just be you!!

Velcro

Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

What a beautiful sign from your little brother, now every time you see a butterfly, you and your mum will remember him.

Lindsay said...

How wonderful, the sign that your brother sent to you so you'd know he is safe and sound. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan and The Girl

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"