NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Monday, August 4, 2008

I wish I had better news!!!!


First of all, I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and wishes and for all your suggestions and help in finding Charlotte. I am going to try and make it to each and everyone's blog. It might take me a few days though.

This weekend it was well over 100 degrees and humid. Everyone keeps asking me where Charlotte is, and all I can tell them is "I don't know". I actually say it almost like a human talks. Flyers are up, vets called, Humane Society notified, ad in paper, craiglist, mum and I have done everything possible.

Charlotte still has not come home. It has been 4 days. We will never give up hope and will always watch and look out into the fields for her return.

Saturday morning before the sun came up I heard another dog barking and I called back to the sound, and waited. We talked back and forth, me and this other doggie from far away. Mum I could tell, was anticipating Charlotte to run through the brush any moment....but nothing. I jumped in the truck and mum and I went driving in that directions, but the sounds had stopped. There are alot of doggies in the country and sounds travels along way.

Sunday, mum put me on a leash again, and it was sooooo hot. We walked and walked and went clear out into the pasture behind our acres.
It was a long way on foot.
My mum looked really hot, and I don't mean gorgeous...she was all sweaty and getting ill looking. She said, Deetzy, take me home.
So, I turned and walked ahead of her and found a path so mum wouldn't have to walk in the tall grass. I walked a few steps ahead of her on a loose leash.
I would look back and check on my mum to make sure she was okay.
I took mummy all the way home, clear up to the back door all by myself.
I knew mum knew the way home, she was just making sure I knew my way. She patted me and told me "Good Boy, Deetzy" like a hundred times. She was so proud of me!



Mum won't let me out of her site, and I understand.
I kept her busy the rest of the weekend by playing in the lagoon and then she would have to wash me off.
This kept her very busy! For those of you who do not know what a LAGOON is, it is a big water pond that all the sewer pipes flow into.
Mum calls it the shit pond.
Turtles and froggies love it in there. It smells nice too!

I will keep calling and looking for Charlotte and hopefully, if she can, she will hear me calling and come home. If she is no longer here and has made it to the bridge, I know she will be safe there!!!

Deetzy

35 comments:

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Deetz. My mom and I have tears in our eyes. We are so sorry that Charlotte is still missing. You area good dog and your mum is lucky she has you to take care of her and take her on the right path back home.
When you said lagoon, you scared me as I thought it might have snakes in it. We have a pond across from our house now and the neighbors have seen a big scary snake lurking in it. Be careful and I am sure you smell nice after being in the lagoon!
If Charlotte has made it to the bridge, I am sure she will be great friends with my sister, Taffy.
Mom has some appointments today and also has to visit PooPoo in jail to tell her she is being sprung out this coming Sunday. We are all scared of the wrath of PooPoo upon her return to our household! She has turned into a hardened criminal we think!
Purrs,
--JB

the many Bs said...

oh Deetz, we are so sad about Charlotte. we want her to come home to you and your mom.

that was a good boy of you to lead your mom home on a loose leash. it's good that you know your way home. now we just wish that Charlotte would find her way home.

if she is at the Bridge, then she's keeping watch over you, but it would be nice to know for sure. your mom would feel better too.

hopeful woofs.

Niamh said...

Deetz,

Do not give up hope!!! I am sure that you have received a lot of good advice but please tell your mom to go visit the area shelters herself and bring a picture of Charlotte to put with her lost report.

My person worked at a shelter for many years. Shelters are busy, sometimes the staff doesn't match up the descriptions real well even though they try. It is vital that she goes twice a week to the shelter and asks to see every dog in the place even the ones in isolation for illness. Also she should ask to see the found reports of dogs that people have found who are holding them.

Keep putting up lots of posters, further and further away from your house as Charlotte may be confused and has just kept running in the wrong directions. We dogs can cover an amazing amount of ground when we are scared. I know of a Gordon Setter who was missing for three weeks and had travelled 22 miles when he was found!! He was in the next county! Fortunately his person had put up posters far away from where he was lost and he was recognized. You will find Charlotte.

Good luck, keep looking, we are thinking of you.

Your friend,
Niamh

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

Oh this is such sad news. We were hoping that Charlotte found her way home. Mama is tearing up now - this is so not fair.

We are hoping that she is not at the bridge (Mama likes to say schnauzer paradise) and will come home. But if she is my older sister Bosco will take good care of her.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

P.S. We have three awards waiting for you.

The Black and Tans. said...

Oh Deetz this is awful. We really thought she would be home by the next time you posted.
Could she be in a shed or a garage on a neighbours property?
You are being so good helping you Mummy look for Charlotte. We are praying you will find her very soon.
Molly and Taffy

Kyanite said...

I'm so glad you keep looking...
never give up.

Love, pats & pets
Blue

Snowy and Crystal said...

oh no! still missing ?! :( we are really sorry. but we are glad that you will keep looking *praying that you can find her back safe*

Keep us posted

Maltese Paws,

S&C

Chef said...

Niahm had excellent advice. Never give up on finding Charlotte. We're hoping and praying she is safe and on her way home. Deetz, never forget how to find your way home. It's good that your Mama is making sure you know. Give her our hugs.

xox
Chef

Eduardo said...

I wish Charlotte would come home! Maybe soon, we will keep praying!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Duke said...

We feel so horrible about this, Deetz! We're cranking up the AireZen! Come on, Charlotte! Come home to your family! They miss you an awful lot and so do we!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Asta said...

Deetzy
I was away all weekend , and was hoping so hawd fow good news..Keep hoping and I will too..I hope she's not scaiwed somewhewe and has found sheltew, and can find hew way back..you awe a wondewful boy fow taking such good cawe of youw mama
teawy smoochie kisses
ASTA

Princess Patches said...

Don't give up hope, Deetzy! Just recently, they found a Beagle in Georgia who went missing from New York five years ago. There is still hope for Charlotte to come home! We have all our paws crossed!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

River said...

Excellent advice in the comments. I was going to say my mom has found dogs that had been lost for months and she was the FIRST one to put out an ad. One time she found an owner--so there's hope. Hmm, playing that sewage pond sounds gross but I'm kind of persnickety. Sending pawsitive thoughts.

love & wags,
River

Eric said...

Oh Deetz that is very sad, poor you and your Mum, being so worried and upset. I'm thinking of you both and Charlotte too.. I'm praying she turns up safe and well, keep looking ..that's great advice everydog has given you.

And Deetz, you are a real star boy for knowing your way home and looking after Mom,be wagging proud of yourself. Stay close to Mum.

Wiry wags, Eric

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Poor Deetz, I'm so sorry that Charlotte is still missing. You mustn't give up hope though. Remember the power of the paw. J x

PS Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog today. It meant a lot to me.

Noah the Airedale said...

Oh Deetz, we were hoping for better news. We so sorry Charlotte hasn't been found. We're keeping our paws crossed for her. We've heard of dogs returning home after a very long time...we won't give up hope. Paws crossed little matie.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Faya said...

Deetz, my Véronique cannot stop crying for Charlotte....and I am so sad...My paws are crossed for Charlotte !
Kisses, Faya

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, Deetz, we were so hoping for good news today! We are sorry Charlotte is still missing.

The advice about checking the shelter every couple of days in person is a good one! Because Jan goes to the shelter to take pictures, she knows shelter staff don't always remember to pass on info, someone could be looking right at Charlotte and not recognize her from your description. And take at least one good picture with you.

We hope she is found soon.

Sunny's Mommy said...

I hope Charlotte is found soon or comes home on her own.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Keep the faith and keep looking. Four days seems like an long time but it really isn't for a lost dog. You will be in our thoughts....

Levi's mom

The 3 G-Dales said...

Deetzy Babe -

All the Griffindales are praying and I mean SERIOUS AIREPRAYERS for Charlotte for you and your family. We would have visited sooner but Jack-Jack was sisckie boy and had to goto the hospital for surgeries on his belly. He ate a nasty corn cob! He's ok, Dr got it out.

We are worried with you and hope that Charlotte makes her way back home. Paws are crossed and we are being vigilant in our aireprayers to help her come home.

We love you Deetzy Boy and we understand why your Mummie won't let you out of her sight....Smooches baby! Aire Zen and all kinds of Pawesome Paw Power coming your way.....

The 3 Griffindales

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh Deetz We were hoping for better news. We continue to hope and pray for Charlotte and all of you guys... Keep helping your Mom she really needs you now..love and kisses A+A

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

Me & my Mom have been checking your Blog, hoping for good news..

We're so sorry Charlotte hasn't come home yet..We're gonna keep praying for her & your family...

Abby xxxooo

Joe Stains said...

We so wish you had better news too. We are still crossing our paws here.

Lorenza said...

Deetz!
I refuse to believe Charlotte is at the bridge! No, she must find her way to home soon! By herself or with the help of others!
Don't give up please!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Oh Deetz, I wish you could find Charlotte. I feel so horrible that you and your family are so worried. I do hope she comes barking home and you all can celebrate. Keep up the great work searching the fields and keep checking with the shelters. I'm sending tons of Aire-Zen your way and have you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hey Deetzy,
Sorry to hear that Charlotte still hasn't come home yet. I really don't believe she is at the bridge.. hopefully some kind soul found her and is taking care of her until you find her and bring her home!

Bogart H. Devil said...

Aw shucks Deetz, we're really sad for you and your mama. Sending MAJOR AIRE ZEN toward Charlotte, wherever she is, so that she comes home safe, sound, and SOON!

Love,
Bogart

i said...

Deetz, we're so sad to hear this. Poor Charlotte...

We remember there's a dog that went missing and the owner engaged the help of findtoto and they managed to find the dog. Here's the website if your mom would like to try. http://www.findtoto.com/

Will be keeping Charlotte in our prayers.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Deetz, I feel sooo sad for you & your Mom. I'm praying hard everyday that Charlotte WILL come home sooner or later. Although Mommy & I have been very very busy preparing my costume for an upcoming doggy event, we still find time to pray for our lost friends. Oh Charlotte, where have you gone to? Please take care guys...

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear Deetz, I hope Charlotte comes back home to you soon.

~ Girl girl

Thor and Jack said...

Deetz,
We´re so sad to hear that Charlotte hasn't come home yet. I´m keeping my paws crossed.

woof
Thor

Pedro said...

Oh Deetz! My mom is so sad that Charlotte hasn't come home that her eyes are all watery! She says she knows what your mom is feeling because she lost a kitty a few years ago and was devastated. We are still saying paws that Charlotte finds her way home to you. Keep listening for her barks!

Pedro

Deefor said...

That made me so sad. I only hope Charlotte is OK. It's good you know your way home with your mom. I just hope someone found her and they are looking for the owners. I guess you've checked all the shelters. Sometimes we go far away chasing things and following things.

Deefor

Lillie Valentine said...

Hi Deetz! I am Lillie Valentine and I am an airedale too! YOu are SO cute. Visit me at my bloggie if you'd like.

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"