NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Party postponed until this weekend!!!!


Mum came home and immediately went to the grill and threw on a big steak for me, medium rare please.
Then she dashed into the house and made me a pawtini with a umbrella straw, While I kicked back in the lounge chair.
She then brought me frozen 7-Up treats and snackies. She told Charlotte to fan me while I waited for my steak to get done.

I ate my steak and didn't share with anyone, cuz mum said I didn't have too. Then she made daddy play ball with me for two whole hours. I got to roll in mud and eat frogs.

Then I got to sleep in the bed with mum and dad and even got to pick my own spot!

It was Glorious!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, mum had to mow the lawn and she said she only has to work a 1/2 day on Thursday and is off all day Friday and that we would celebrate all day Friday for my Birthday. She told me I would get a special treat for being at home when she got home from work last night. (For those of you who do not know, I run free. I live in the country and have nice neighbors and 5 acres and very little traffic)...
But, their are bobcats, coyotes, and raccoons and deer all over so I have to be careful.
Mum worries too much I think.

Also, my neighbor to the South is moving.
We have no idea who will move in next door.
Will they like dogs? Will they be mean to me? Will they have mean dogs? Will it be a drug house or drunks? Will they try to poison me?
I wish my mum could buy the lot next door...lets all pray she wins the lottery.
I know she will share with everyone who prays.

This is what I did last night.

I made sure Gizmo ate his hot dog.

P.S. I can hike my leg now and pee on trees!!!!

Deetzy

35 comments:

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

It sounds like you had a great birthday - you were treated like royalty. But did you really eat frogs??? Are you going to hop around now?

Please be careful with all of the coyotes, racoons and bobcats around. We don't want anything to happen to you!

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

P.S. You are a good brother to Gizmo

Kyanite said...

Hey there!
Belated Barkday Greetings to you.
Hope the w/e plans are fun.

Pats & pets
Blue

Deefor said...

You are so lucky to run free. I think that would make Arrow very happy. Have a good celebration over the weekend.

Deefor

Moco said...

I think our crazy old lady should the buy the lot next door and start her Old Dog's Home. You are lucky to be able to run free, but do be careful. There is much EVIL out in the world. We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your birthday bash.
You are a good brother to watch out for Gizmo.

Faya said...

waouw you had your own steak !!! How nice from your Mom !...
I have to tell you something....I pee like male...yes I know I am supposed to be a lady....
Kisses, Faya

Princess Patches said...

Happy, happy barkday, Deetzy! Sorry we missed it yesterday...we will punish Mom for that! It must be nice to run free. We do it whenever we get a chance, but it freaks our mom out! That's really cool that you can lift your leg now! You are definitely a big boy!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Asta said...

Deetz
Congwatulations on being a totally big boy and lifting youw leggie!!! than's so cool...I hope the fiwst pawt of youw wepost was twue..that's the way to celebwate!!!
I know you live in the countwy, and it must be ginouwmous fun to wun fwee, but my Mommi would totally fweek out and not let me..even a little twaffic is too much and coyotes!!!!!EEEEK did you heaw how my fwiend Emil fwom the catwealm got disappeawed fwom wild animals???
pleez be caweful
loveand smoochie kisses
glad you liked youw cawd
love
ASTA and Myrna

Lizzy said...

Deetz!

I'm sure you had a grrrrEAT birthday! I must say, I'm really jealous that you can run free! Can I come visit you so we can run free together?

I hope the new neighbors that will move next door will be dog-friendly...

Oh, Congratulations on peeing like a big boy now! That's GRRRReat!

Sparky

Faya said...

Oh Deetz Deetz Deetz....you are so nice with me... you deserve a nice cute dale.....oh it is so hard to write in english sometimes. I don't want to hurt you Deetz...You are so cute and handsome. But my heart belongs to Oscar and he took it with him at the Rainbow Bridge last year...Sometimes I feel very alone...it is so hard not understanding everything you and the other members of DWB are saying... it is an honor to be loved by you.....I hope I haven't hurt you Deetz....
Kisses, Faya

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

CRAP i SAY!!! That's right, crap! Did you tell your mum that while it's good that she doesn't have to work, it's cutting into your social life?

How am I suppose to go on for 4 days without Deetz? Well, my human says I will be out of commission for a while anyway with this New-turd thing tomorrow. She's making me nervous! I thought it was gonna be an exciting thing!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Duke said...

We read the first part of your post and kept waiting for you to say "April Fool" but you never did so we assume it happened just that way!
Mitch said to tell you that it's fun to water your first big rock too! Happy birthday, Deetz!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

I hope your Birthday wishes about the steak, & the pawtini, & the mud & frogs all come true this weekend...You deserve all of it...

Be careful with the coyotes & stuff...They can be really mean...

I can't fun free til my Dad builds a fence on the one side of our yard cuz there is a big cliff back there & my Mom thinks I'll fall down it...We have some animals out there, too...I don't think they are coyotes, though...Maybe bunnies...That's not the same thing, right??

Well, Happy Barkday again...

Abby xxxooo

Abby said...

Oh...I forgot...

I love the way you take care of little Gizmo...

Your Mom must be very proud...

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
I hope your dream birthday celebration comes true!
Paws crossed for good new neighbors!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kess And Her Mama said...

Can't wait to hear abt yr special Friday celebration!

i said...

Keeping paws crossed your mom will win the lottery and buy over next door. Have a great celebration now. Ooh how nice for Gizmo to be enjoying sausage!

The Black and Tans. said...

Deetz

We did not realise it was your birthday till just now. We are catching up on all our friends blogs as we have been away.

Happy belated birthday to you, many congratulations on becoming a handsome adult dale.

Have a fantastic celebratory weekend.

Molly and Taffy xx

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That sound like a pawsome celebration. The steak must be really yummy

~ Girl girl

Toffee said...

I wish my brother was as nice to me as you are to Gizmo. Riley would have chased me away and eaten my hotdog!

I am sure your new neighbors will be nice. How could anyone be mean to a cutie like you; besides I am sure being nice to you was listed in the sale contract as a clause/claws

Jake of Florida said...

Belated Barkday, Deetz. We believe in barkday seasons -- so it's fine that you'll be celebrating tomorrow, and maybe the day after, and the day after..

Wirey woofs!!!

Jake and Just Harry

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Deetz, Deetz! I posted your report about bulls! Come see! I made my mom help me this morning and she was supposed to be working...I hope she does not get in trouble! But I wanted to post it before your mom left for the day.
I am glad you got a nice birthday. I think it is great you got steak and you got to get fanned too! You are a good big brother to make sure Gizmo ate his hot dog. I think your mom worries and so do you about the neighbor next door. Calm down and we will both pray that you will get a great neighbor or your mom can buy the lot. Hey! Maybe you will get a neighbor who has a cat!
I have to go now. My mom has to leave and go to some appointments and she will be gone till this afternoon. You have a wonderful 4th of July weekend with your family, and I will visit with you next week. I will post later today hopefully about how scared we were so please read when you are back to blogging on Monday.
See you!
Your friend,
JB

the many Bs said...

hi Deetz, we want to hear all about your real birthday celebration. maybe next year you and Brody can celebrate together!

we hope you get some nice neighbors next door. our mom worries like your mom does too. why are humans that way? they need to learn to mellow out like us dogs.

woofs.

Eric said...

Deetz, I think you birthday wishes wile come true at the weekend! You deserve it for being sucha good brother and looking after Gizmo. I have a card for you Detz so pee mail me (link on my bloggie) when you have recovered from the pawtinis!! It's great being one - you can be a teenager deliquent now!!

Have a great weekend celebrating.
Wiry wags, Eric

Agatha and Archie said...

Well that sounds WAY COOL!!!!! A steak and pawtinis nad frogs....mmmmm.......Happy July 4th!! Love A+A Don't ya just love birthdays!

Chef said...

Hey Deetz. I heard it was your birthday so I sniffed over to wish you a good one. A whole steak for yourself. How lucky can a guy get? And frogs! Unimagineably fantastic!!

xox
Chef

Bogart H. Devil said...

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy First Birthday dear D-e-e-t-z...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it was a great one!!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Deetz
Happy birthday again matie.
We hope your new neighbours are really nice to you all cause if they're not we'll be over to bite their butts!!!!

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Dexter said...

Deetz - You are like king of the jungle all running around loose with the wild animals. I would be scared.

Slobbers,
Mango

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Deetz!!!
I'm missing you!!! I hope you're having a good weekend!

My human would move in next door to your mum, but she says that with gas prices she is what she calls "broke."

Ahhhhhh I miss you Deetz!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

I realized that I haven't sent you a birthday rap...so ahem...let me clear my throat...

wicky wicky...yea! My main man Deetz he be one, with a year under his belt he's learned more than how to eat a hotdog bun. He now hikes his leg when nature calls, but still does the squat to let out little poop balls. Deetz is his name and he's a collector you see, he likes to clean...so you know what this mean, he gets the sattelite parts from his neighbor dude, and hides them by his house, but not to be rude. His manners are awesome his bark is great! All there is left to do is celebrate!

Wooohoo!

Slurpity Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wow! u've been treated like a king for your upcoming barkday...

Thor and Jack said...

Happy Birthday again, Deetz!
How cool you got your own steak!
You´re a lucky to run free!
You are so nice to Gizmo!
I hope you have good new neighbors!

woofs
Thor

Willow the Black Dale said...

Deetz,
Now I am scared! We will pray for good neighbors for you and your mommy!!! Who wouldn't love YOU!!! You keep me laughing and I am sure you will do the same with your new neighbors!!! Stay clear of the road!! Happy Birthday!!
smooches,
Willow

kelly barton art + design said...

sounds like a happy-filled day.
birfday blessings.

..woof..
delilahblue

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Oh my crap! your very own pool! How did you fenagle that one?? And your ears are trimmed? I can't wait to see!

I already kinda broke my Cone From Hell...so my human has to get me another one, bah!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"