NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update on Gizmo


So many of you ask about Gizmo and check on him and my mum and I decided to post this today.
For those of you who do not know, Gizmo has Squamus Cell Carcinoma in his mouth and went through surgery to have it removed. Within a month the cancer was back. He underwent surgery again under the advice of the doctor and had two tumors removed about two months ago. Gizmo is 17 years old now.

The cancer is back. Mum only posts the best of pictures of Gizmo, because those are the ones she wants everyone to remember. He is not in any pain. Mum gives him more medicine then required to make sure of it.

I am very very gentle and always make sure and kiss him and clean around his mouth and stuff. I wish there was more I could do for him, but mummy says there is nothing more I can do.

He has some very wonderful days and mum lets him walk around the yard and just sniff stuff and go where he wants. But all the signs are that it is back again.
Mum says she always knows because I become more protective of him, and try and clean and smell alot around his lil mouth.
The other sign is he paws at his water alot, like he can't see it.
The final sign that tells mummy it is worse is, he has a drool, not like a normal drool (mum won't go into details)and last night it started. It was thick and was tinged with blood.

Mum is a very strong person and Gizmo takes after her. I sure hope when I grow up I am as strong as they are. Right now, all I want to do is play. So mummy told me to go and play and have fun cuz she needs to spend time with Gizmo right now.

Mum doesn't talk alot about it, cuz she doesn't want any hammie, doggie, human, kitty, horse, etc...to be sad for us.

She so much appreciates everyone asking about him and truly see's and feels everyones heart ache for us. It helps her to have you ask about him, and for her to be able to talk to everyone.

And of course, I am here and I make her laugh everyday!!!

Anyway she says please don't be sad. She will keep everyone updated on Gizmo and feels so blessed that so many have had the opportunity to meet this special lil man. Thats what mums calls him "lil Man"....

Hey, is "butthead" a nickname? Mum says it alot when Dad and I are around..I wonder if that is my daddies nickname or mine......

Bless all of you,
Deetzy

22 comments:

Faya said...

Oh...Deetz you do the right things : you love him, take care of him and this is all you can do but it means sooooooo much for him. You are perfect. Kisses, Faya

Moco said...

Butthead is a term of endearment. We hear it around our house a lot also.
We are glad that Gizmo has such a great family to care for him. 17 years is a long time. Grammie had Mittens the cat for 16 years before she went to the Rainbow Bridge. The important thing is to be nice to Gizmo and keep him pain free. We will be doing a circle of caring vibes for Gizmo on the BIG BED.

Lizzy said...

Deetz!

Oh, I'm sure "butthead" is your dad's nickname, not yours! ;)

I'm really sorry to hear that Gizmo's cancer is back... He really is an old dog, I was surprised when I read that he was 17! And he must be happy with the wonderful family you guys have... I'll be praying for him...

Sparky

Duke said...

awwwwwwww, Deetz! You're loving Gizmo and he knows that you love him by taking care of him! That's the best gift of all!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lacy said...

w00f's Deetzy, Gizmo and Charlotte.. me iz really sad that gizmo iz not doing good at all...its sooo harwd letting them go...ur mama will no when its time...and we will b here for u all...deetzy u iz a sweetie fur takin care of him...and me nos u try to help him..he's a precious puppy..

b safe,
~rocky~

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Thanks for posting this about Gizmo. I think Gizmo is happy about it. Keep those pictures coming! Do you really think your mom is calling you "butthead"? My daddy calls me "loudmouth" because I never shut up, especially at night!
--JB

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We are so glad that you are doing your part to keep everyone happy. Way to go Deetz..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Deetz!
I´m so sorry to hear that Gizmo is not doing well! I will praying for him! Gizmo have a great family to care of him. And give him much love.

Love licks
Thor

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

I'm soooo sorry that Gizmo is not doing well...He looks like he is the sweetest little doggie...

You take such good care of him...You can tell he loves you alot...

My Mom & I are praying for him...

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz.
I know your mom is doing everything in her hands to make Gizmo feel comfortable. And you are doing your part too!
Sure Gizmo knows how much you all love him!
Good vibes!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kirby said...

Hey Deetz,

I'm so happy that you take such wonderful care of Gizmo. What he needs now is as much love as you can give him and it really sounds like that is what you are doing. Give him a kiss of me and let him know that I am thinking of him!!

Your pal,
Kirby

Jans Funny Farm said...

Deetz, How sweet that you are so protective and gentle with Gizmo. He really needs a good friend.

We're glad your mom gave an update on him. We were wondering how he is doing.

purrs and tail wags

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Deetz-nice to meet you! And I'm very sorry to hear about Gizmo! I know you and your mommy will do everything to make him feel better!!!

velcro

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's very nice of you and your mom to take such good care of Gizmo. I know he'll be a brave doggie and be strong. :)

~ Girl girl

Noah the Airedale said...

Deetz, that is such a lovely post. Gizmo is so lucky to have you and your mum to watch over him. You must be very special Deetzy to know how to act around Gizmo...keep up the good work and please give Gizmo a big hug from all of us.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

We are sorry to hear that Gizmo is not doing well. It must be hard for you and your Mum.

You are such a good brother to help take care of him.

We love you all.

Hershey and Kaci

Dexter said...

You are taking good care of Gizmo. Make sure you listen to his wise words.

Mango

the many Bs said...

hi Deetz, thanks so much for the update on Gizmo. we are so proud of you for being good and taking care of the little guy. your mom is a good person to take such good care of him too.

we are not sad, but we are concerned. we don't want your mom to be sad either.

it's good to hear that Gizmo is not in pain and that he does have some good days. he is a tough little guy. we've seen that all along.

please just know that we are thinking of you and your mom and Gizmo. we just want everyone to be happy and healthy. we're glad you are such a good boy and it sounds like you are helping your mom a lot too by being so good. you can make her laugh and that is good for her!

woofies!

Snowball said...

Hi Deetzy, I came over from 4XBs blog. They wanted us to come cheer your mum up but I really do not know how to in situation like that.

Jie jie had a rescued dog that has the same cancer as Gizmo. She totally understand how your mum is feeling now. Our thoughts are with Gizmo, and you family.

We will pray that he will not have to suffer too much discomfort. Tell mum to pup in a healing request for Gizmo from this site.

http://members.tripod.com/~Synergy_2/syn_pets.html

I hope this healing request will be able to help him and your mum in some ways.

We will be praying for Gizmo. Stay strong.

Luv
Snowball

Agatha and Archie said...

Well Gizmo is a very very lucky puppie to be with all of you.We send you all a million hugs and kissesLove A+A

Jake of Florida said...

We're sending love to Gizmo -- and to your Mom and to you for being such a good-hearted little guy.

We're not sure about "butthead" but we do have a "knucklehead" in our family -- like you, we're not sure who it is!!

Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

Eric said...

Deetz, what a gentle and caring brother you are, wise beyond your years and very special looking after lovely little Gizmo like that. I'm sure Gizmo knows how much he is loved and cared for by you and your Mom, he is in the best possible place a doggie could be.

Wiry wags and hugs, Eric x

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"