NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Paper Towel Casts

I got this crystal rose from Momo via Asta's blog. It is Momo's blogoversary rose and everyone gets a rose for visiting the blog....They are just giving them away...that is so cool!!!


I gots a lil story to tell ya. I posted this photo, cuz mum forgot her camera at work and I wanted you to see my adorable face while you read the story...You don't have to stare at it the whole time if you don't want too...

Has anyone ever had a paper towel cast?
Well, last night when mum got home, I hobbled really slow over to her truck, holding up my left-front leg. I made sure to have a pitiful look on my face, as if I were on my death's bed.
Daddy was mowing and mum hurried up and got out of her truck and she talked to me...
She said, "Deetzy are you okay? What did you do to your leg? Does it hurt, awe poor Deetzy..the whole time she was feeling up and down my leg with her hands....

My daddy asked if I was okay or not...Mum said I needed to go in the house and get a cast on, so I went to the backdoor to wait on her, holding up my leg the whole time, of course.

Mum took me inside and I laid down on the floor with all four legs up in the air.
Mum tore off about 5 paper towels and rolled it around my leg and then put tape all around it. BUT, before she did that, she kissed my leg all over the place.

She said that the paper towel cast will hold the kisses in place so they don't fall off.

I went and showed my daddy. The greatest part about it is....after awhile you can just rip it off and shred the paper towels and you don't get into trouble or anything.

I wasn't hurt, I was just needing a little love and effection from mummy!!!

You should try it, its great!!!

Deetz

28 comments:

Toffee said...

Your mom is so smart - what a great idea - paper towel cast! I am glad that your mom's kisses helped you feel better.
woof!
toffee

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

What a great idea...You get all that Love & Kisses & then you have a bunch of paper towels to rip into a million pieces...

You are sooo clever...

I'm trying this soon...

Abby xxxooo

Asta said...

Deetzy
I couldn't help stawing at youw bootiful face the whole time I wead youw bwilliant stowy..hehehe..that's so clevew..and youw Mom is so vewy sweet to hold the kissies in place wif hew clevew invention...I'm sending you extwa kissies too
smoochie kisses to you and evewyone at youw house
ASTA

Duke said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, your mom is so smart, Deetz! We want paper towel casts too! Does it get us free cookies too?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

Oooooooooo...Deetz you are so wise! I too hurt my back leg last night! My sill human didn't think to paper towel it! I woulda loved that!!!! I got kisses all over and some baby talk...and I was all better! Are you having a good day Deetz!

I visited Opal's page and saw all the awesomeness that you sent her!!! You got her the best stuff ever! Dang you're a good friend!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

You have an amazing talent there Deetz - perhaps we can bottle it and sell it for spare kibble money!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

River said...

Hi Deetz,
I had a newspaper folded up and used as a cast by a paid veterinarian! It lasted 4 whole weeks then I had to get a plastic one. Glad you weren't hurt!

love & wags,
River

Lacy said...

w00f's Deetzy. Charlotte and Gizmo...dats soooo smart of u mama, deetzy...wonder y mine never thinks of stuff like that...

b safe,
~rocky~

Snowy and Crystal said...

Your mommy is so smart ;)

S&C

Anonymous said...

Deetz, use is sew smart what a good idea I must try that on Nanny and see if I get a paper towel cast too. Yes, I still love all my PINK prezzies, I chew the rope at least twice a day and the soft bone makes a great pillow, Ms. Elsie the cow is now my fwend and I drag her all around the house.
I woof you Deetz, use is the bestest fwend a girl could ever have and sew coot to boot. Oh I made a funny!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, you sneaky little sorrowful paw extender. What a neat way to get attention. And your mom is a really smart lady to know just what to do to make you feel special.

purrs and tail wags

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Deetz, that is so cool. You know how to work your mom, don't you? But did you really hurt your leg or were you just kidding with your mom?
Oooh, don't give Misty any ideas....she may get more silly ideas about being catered to!
--JB
Pee Ess! Again you and I are writing to each other at the same time! I just saw you message about spiders! you know, I am the official bug and spider catcher at my house, so maybe mom would let me come over to catch your spiders too!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I will come get your june bugs too! I LOVE bugs!
Here is one of my very first posts when i did not have any friends yet...if you have time to read it.

http://jbsbigworld.blogspot.com/2007/10/scorpion.html

--JB

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You are one smart puppy knowing what to do to get all that attention. You are lucky that you Mom didn't catch you crying wolf and run you to the vet..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Lizzy said...

Deetz!

You're a smart pup! That's a GRRRReat way to get some love and attention... I almost did the same thing yesterday at agility class. I bonked my foot on a jump while I flew over it, and I cried and cried and cried and held my foot up for all to see. My humans kissed me and gave me lots of love and attention while I cried. After I had enough kisses, I stopped crying and started flying over the jumps again. The humans say I like to be dramatic... Hee hee...

Sparky

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We have just herded sheep so far. Oh I guess we can't forget about the cats in the house. We are always trying to herd them...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Moco said...

You are wise beyond your years. Good job at hood winking the hoomans.

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

I'll (Hershey) have to try that on Mama. Your mum really loves you lots.

I can't wait to see Kaci. It will be so much fun. I am waiting to open my presents while she is here so we can open them together.

We hope you weren't hurt too bad.

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Agatha and Archie said...

Well we never,you have got to have the smartest Mom EVER! PL2 says she is going to try this with Arch as he is a bit of a drama queen( not me though) Love and kisses(in case you lose some under the paper towel,) A+A

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
At the begining I thought you really got hurt! smart boy! and smart mom!
glad you are ok!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Why aren't you the clever one to get kisses and a paper towel cast all for free. You are very clever.

Levi's mom

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Deetzy, I sure wish your mom could make a paper towel cast for little Gizmo. I'm sure all your love and care make him feel a lot better. You are a wonderful big little brother. Think about you guys!

xo
SB

Amber-Mae said...

Hahaha! What an intelligent idea! I think I'm gonna do what you did later. Hehehe!

Butt shakes,
Solid Gold Dancer

Girl Girl Hamster said...

I love that sweet photo of you Deetz. That's really clever of your mom to hold the kisses in place.

~ Girl girl

Amber said...

Hey there Deetz, your mom is so sweet. I might try that on my mommy too. I read about Gizmo, hugs and licks to him.Will be thinking of him

~Amber~

The Black and Tans. said...

Wow Deetz that was indeed a clever ploy to get loads of affection from your Mum. We have made note of the paper towel caste just in case we ever need it in the future. Nice one!

Molly and Taffy

Eric said...

Aw Deetz what a lovely story you told. Bet you gave your Mom millions of kisses back eh? I'm a Momi's too like you..Mom says you have such a cute little face she might slip through the pooter n smother you wiv kisses!!!!!

Wags, Eric x

Thor and Jack said...

Great idea, Deetz! Your mom is so smart! And you too!

Thor

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"