NEVER SET SAIL

WITHOUT AN AIREDALE.

YOU CAN TEACH HIM TO FETCH,

OR CLEAN YOUR CATCH,

EVEN IF IT'S A WHALE!


Watch Me Grow!!!

Please sign my Guestbook! Be my Friend!

Monday, June 2, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!


Gosh I sure did miss everyone!! I have so much to tell you. This is probably going to be reallly long. I didn't get to go to the lake cuz mum said the lake came to us. We gots tons of rain and hail and storms. Most of the tornado's were far away from us! With the rain came tons of froggies. I spent most of the week rounding them up and torturing them. Here are some pics of the lake in our yard.

This is part of our driveway


This is my neighbors home to the South. It was like a river through his yard. He gives me treats and plays ball with me, but not this day.


This is South of our home.


The river between our homes


Our Driveway again


Some more of what used to be our driveway


This is our backyard. The lil building mum wants to bulldoze cuz its a wasp nest inside. Its all open space, so we can always see the tornado's before they get to us. Unless its dark, then we can't.


Daddy was loading a skidloader onto the trailer, and luckily I was watching to see where Gizmo was. Here I am watching


It was a good thing too, cuz see that lil black spot in the photo below? Well, that was Gizmo and as soon as he saw daddy, he went running down to see him. He could have gotten squashed like a bug if I had not alerted mummy. Mummy made it just in time and scooped the lil bugger up. He had to go inside after that.


I got to go to McDonalds not once, but twice! I got to try a hamburger hold the pickles and mustard and onions...It was fantastic!!!
I am almost embarrassed to tell you this, but...mum has electric windows and I get to hang outside the window when we go down the road...the button is like right there on the arm rest.
Everytime, I accidentally step on the button and roll my head up in the window and mum has to try and drive and operate the window so I don't kill myself. She laughs and I find no humor in it at all. When we got home, I gave her dirty looks most of the day. She was able to capture one dirty look in particular.

Here it is

I am not sure if the dirty look was because she told me "No" or if it was because she got dog groomers and tried to groom me. I refuse to be groomed!!! I love being dirty and smelly and having a hairy back. Besides that the groomers sound like a miniature vaccum. Forget it, ain't happenin!!! the lil comb that came with the groomers was okay. Mum combed my hair on my nose and afterwards I shook real hard and you couldn't even tell. It was pawsome!!!
She was not amused.

I got to pick on Charlotte alot. I stuck my tongue out at her and she stuck hers out at me.



Of course the fight was on after that.....


Here is gizmo totally not amused at our playing. He was too busy sleepin.


Charlotte and I had to stay outside last night. We found some catfish that had been skinned. Charlotte rolled all over the guts and stuff. Even I thought she smelted horrible. I just tried to eat some of it and then went and breathed in mum's face...she almost fell over! I tried to eat some mulberries on the ground to get the taste out of my mouth, but nothing helped at all. So, to pass the time, I dug all night.
Mum took these pictures first thing this morning. I was going to blame Charlotte for all the digging, but the evidence was clearly on my face.

Sorry the one photo is blurry but I was shaking my head trying to remove the evidence.




I am so glad to be back!!! I saw I got a lovely award while I was away and was tagged also. I will post about that tomorrow. I figure this was enough for today.
I need to go and read what everyone has been up to while I was gone.

High Paw Fives
Deetzy

27 comments:

Lizzy said...

Deetz!

Welcome back, man! It's GRRRReat to see you again. It looks like you had an awesome pawesome time!

Wow, the lake really did come to you... I bet it must have been a BLAST to play in. Did you eat any frogs? Do they taste good?

You and Charlotte sure like to wrestle! I like those pictures and the video... Deetz, you've really got big teeth! Be careful not to hurt anyone with 'em!

I hope you had a grrrrEAT weekend,

Sparky

Fenway said...

We have mulberries, too, and boy are they delicious snacks. I like to scoop 'em up while we're out walking.

Your place looks like it was perfect for getting good and muddy after all that rain & storms. haha

And thanks for hosting our package exchange. I got some GREAT new toys from Asta. Today I played with The Orange Thing and it quacked at me when I squeezed it.

Asta said...

Hi Deetzy
Welcome back!!!
A lot has appened to me, but thank dog Daddi is home, and Auntie Kawen has good days and bad, but she's twying...You look totally adowable..I can't believe the lake came to you..wow I'm glad all ov you awe OK and Gizmo didn't get squished..how come you and Chawlotte stay outside??don't you get scawed?what if you ate something that was poisonous???
watch out wif the fisshie bones and stuff pleez
I couldn't stand any mowe twauma this yeaw
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Deetzie...we missed ya Sweetie!!! Some lake ya had in ur yardie!!! That must of been scary!!! Thankfully, the Burgh doesn't get too many tornados...too hilly here!!!

You have the cutest fuzzy face!! Don't let them groom ur fuzziness off; ya look 'dorable as is!!!!!

Hey, do the mulberries grow on a bush? Like the song...???

Barkin' at ya!!!!
Lacie

Bet frog legs are yummers...actually rather than eat them, you can try poker...some of them play a mean game!!!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Well, that wasn't much of a vacation for your mom. But it was from her job so guess that counts.

You sure did have a lot of rain. Glad you are safe and back online. It's hard to tell you are guilty of digging since your face is brown when clean. Must be one of those "you have to see it" occasions.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Deets, thanks for stopping by my blog, hope we can be fwends, Nanny loves Airedales, she had one many years ago and he had a silly name A.D. yup just letters Auntie Michele (Ruby Bleu's Mommi) and Auntie Joey (Sophia's Mommi)could not decide on a name for him, so Nanny called him A.D. wasn't that silly?
Stop by and visit often.
Hugs, bellyrubs, smoochies
pee-ess My Wheelie Sister Opal and Wheelie Brother Harley blog every Wednesday.

Duke said...

Gosh! You got some serious rain, Deetz! You could almost go boating in your own driveway!
Neato that you got a hamburger from McDonalds! How come you don't like mustard?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Deetz...

Welcome back...We really missed you...

Looks like you had a great time...

I'm glad you were there to save Gizmo...You take such good care of him...

You got to go to McDonalds TWICE??? Wow...I'm gonna go on vacation with you next time...Ask your Mom...OK??

Abby xxxooo

Sophie Brador said...

Deetzie Dude! I can't believe you went on vacation without me. Holy smoley water! Have you been having bit of rain out that way?

xo
SB

the many Bs said...

hey Deetzers! it's good to have you back, buddy. we're sure glad that the tornadoes didn't blow you away, but it looks like you sure did get wet. too bad it wasn't the fun kind of water where you go swimming.

we liked watching you and Charlotte try to kill each other. that looks like fun. was it you doing all of that barking or was it Charlotte? it kind of sounded like a girl. hee hee

woofs.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Deetz!
Its so nice to see you again! Welcome back!
Sure you had a great time with Charlote! The video is dark but I can see clearly your teeth!
Good job saving Gizmo!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Gaia the Airedale said...

Welcome back Deetz!! Yoy abd Charlotte sure looked like ya had fun! Be careful when you eat onions on hamburgers, even though theyre really good theyre bad for us pups.

puppy breath,
-Gaia

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Deetz!
I am happy that you are back! I missed you too! It sounds like you had a great time with your family!
You got to go to McDonalds twice and got hamburger?? Cool!

Thor

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Deetz, you're back... I missed you. That tornado sure is scary. And good thing you're looking out for Gizmo. It wouldn't be good for him to be squashed..

~ Girl girl

Noah the Airedale said...

Welcome back Deetzy. We sure missed you. We heard about the tornadoes that went through kansas and we were worried about you. Your backyard really looks like tornado country. Do you have a cellar to hide in???

Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Moco said...

Glad to have you back. You had quite the vacation. You didn't dig that huge lake, did you?

Toffee said...

Deetz -

Did you eetz (get it? eetz/eats?) some froggies? I hear they taste like chicken!

Welcome back! hugs & kisses.
Give gizmo a kiss for me.
woof!
toffee

Niamh said...

Wow. A lake in your driveway! Did you go swimming? That is great that you had two trips to Mickey D's. Hamburgers are delish! Glad you had a fun time (except for the grooming) on your vacation.

Your friend,
Niamh

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, sounds like you had a pawsome time. Did you get to sample frogs legs? Hehehe! J x

The Black and Tans. said...

Great to see you back Deetz. You certainly had a hectic week!

Molly and Taffy

Dexter said...

It must be scary living where they have tornados. Did you see Twister? Momma cries every time during the opening scene when it looks like the doggie won't make it (she is unmoved by the dad getting blown away).

Why did you have to stay outside just because of bad breath? What a fuss your mom is.

Hope your vacation was tons of fun! Glad you are back.

Slobbers,
Mango

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Deetz,
My mom did not let me visit many blogs yesterday so I missed your return post! It looks like you had a super great time. I think it is a little scary to see how flat the land is where you live but i guess that is good for seeing the tornadoes coming. You sure got lots of rain! Did it dry up yet? And Gizmo looks really healthy in his picture....is he still doing ok?
An you are just so cute in your pictures....I can't even see any dirt from digging!
--JB

Stanley said...

Hey, Deetzy Boy!

Glad to see you're back and not blown away. We had rain just like you did yesterday, and I thought my whole yard was gonna flood it was coming down so hard and fast!

Sounds like you got to spend some good time with your mama and Charlotte and Gizzy. Good for Giz that you were looking out for him. (You're such a good little brother).

I'm totally with you on the grooming thing, man. It took forever for me to get used to those clippers, but eventually, my girl won out. Now I endure it just for the treats and because I like to watch her try to clean up all my fur while I'm running through it and distributing it throughout the house!

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Deetz -

We are glad you enjoyed your trips to McDonald's. Aren't you glad we told you hamburgers are so tasty?

You really got a lot of rain last week. We only had rain for one day. We are also glad that the tornadoes were not too close to you.

Your dirty face is so cute! Did you know that they call miniature schnauzers dirty faced dogs? We have some brown hair under our chin so that's why we are called dirty faced dogs.

We missed you!

Love -

Hershey and Kaci

Willow the Black Dale said...

Deetz,
it is presently raining at our house. Did you send us the rain?? Mom says that is ok if you did because now she doesn't have to water the garden.
McDonalds!! Pilar and I go every morning with mawmmy. She still doesn't have a coffee pot yet. She gets coffee for her and daddy every morning and that nice boy gives us treats. What is this hamburger thing....do they just hand them out like they do the bones??? Are we getting ripped off? OR is mawmmy holding out on us??? Hmmmmm....I am suspicious.
Well good buddy happy diggin'! Come by and try our video again.
Nose pokes,
Willow

andrahyb said...

Deetz! Welcome back! We cant get enough smooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooches to you!

Rudolf & Goofy

Eric said...

There you are my square pal! Rain on you hols, so not fair.But froggies .. did they talk to you? Did you tell 'em to hop off out of it... ?!!He he!!

Wags, ERic

In Memory of "Lil Man"

In Memory of "Lil Man"
Thanks Happy

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

Rest in Peace dear Sharkie

RIP - My Brother Gizmo

RIP - My Brother Gizmo
I Luv You "Lil Man"